Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKitchen drawer - Event Date: 09 Nov 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Kitchen drawer
    Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 9:48pm
Day 24 of our first 179 RPod trip....left Ontario October 15th and have enjoyed amazing scenery thru' the Shenandoah Parkway/Blue Ridge Parkway with a slight diversion to Washington DC...currently in Texas. So far everything seems to be functioning fine, which is a good thing because we are the least "techie" folks! We did experience a less than relaxing trip across I-20 from Jackson MS to Tyler TX...windy/many transports and rain...a lot of sway...we have a Pro Series Friction Bar and tow with a 4WD Honda Pilot...should we consider a WDH? Also one of our kitchen drawers (catch) needs to have a screw replaced...what is the secret to getting the drawer out to do this? I would add...this forum is so helpful...we did several mods as per this forum...hooks for convenience, bike rack mounted on front hitch etc. Thanks to all!
John and Wendee
Bracebridge, Ontario
Canada
Luv2Q View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 10:30pm
You weren't by any chance on Hwy 21 near Bryan, TX an day or two ago, were you?  I experienced a "pod sighting" then and, looking back on it, the TV could have been a Honda Pilot. Bryan's not that far from Tyler so I thought maybe ...

Sounds like a great trip.  Hope you get the drawer squared away.  On the WDH question, I can't tell you whether you "need" one or not but here's my experience: With a Toyota Tundra and an E2 WDH, we were on interstates a lot bringing our Pod home from Ohio to TX.  Lots of rain and, of course, lots of semis. Never a wiggle.  
John & Teri
Tundra 5.7L V8 / RP 180
E2 WDH / Integrated controller (POS) replaced by Tekonsha P3
 Post Reply Post Reply