Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jensen TV
    Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Bill-J

I am also looking for the manual for the Jensen JE1914 and I find places that list this model but when I try to download the pdf file it changes to a Jensen JE3914.

Also I never found a remote control for the TV.  Did your alls come with one?

So have a new R-pod 180RB, no instructions on much of anything.  Seems you are suppose to intuit how to use everything.

This is a dealer problem. I can tell you for sure the pods ship from the factory with every bit of paperwork for every appliance in a folder. Seen it. Remote, a/c filters, etc, are usually in that envelope.
Blue Highways View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 8:55am
Your TV easily outputs through the speakers. Just plug in the typical little double-ended 3.5mm jumper wire from the TV to the Jensen Unit.

Power up the J-unit and set it to "Aux 2", and the sound comes out nicely through your roof speakers using the round volume dial. The little jumper cable that I describe is the same one you'd use to attach a device to your car's aux port, (such when you play music off your smartphone or the earlier I-pod / MP3 players.....) Not sure what is the technical name for this wire, anybody???

We leave this permanently attached to the TV in the Pod. Just be careful that you don't also have the outside speakers on while you're watching your show, or you might get a knock on your doorDead with someone saying either "knock it off" or.... "we love that series... can we come watch?"

I also mounted a little remote carrier box to the top of swing-out arm for the TV to hold the remotes, so they never get lost. I mildly modified the mount also to give the TV a slight more down slant... but that's only a temporary fix for now until I figure out the best tilt solution that other Podders have found on Amazon, etc.

Finally, I recommend upgrading the stock light-duty white-covered roof speakers. I used Sony Xplod ones with larger magnets, that fit fine in the roof cavity. It's not so much that I planned to "rock the house" (yet) but wanted a fuller, rich sound at low or moderate volume accompanying the video output. 

I learned the Aux 2 thing earlier from others in our virtual community, so wanted to share this and other considerations with you.

TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2016 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Bama Pod

Will the TV play through the sound system?  I see output wires from the TV to the sound system and I monkeyed with it a while but with no success.

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8136
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12