R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow to wire in a voltmeter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
headcold View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to wire in a voltmeter
    Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 6:39pm
Thanks, Furpod. You've been helpful as usual.  O.K., it seems simple but I have a few more questions that will reveal  my electro-ignorance and need for further help.  I know about grounding and series (v.s. parallel). However, to what do attach the ground wire to achieve a ground? Second, by running the three devices in series, do mean that the wires from all two 12v outlets and the one voltmeter on this device should be attached together to the 14g wire running to the empty fuse spot?  

You know, for a few extra bucks FR could have installed a voltmeter right next to the the standard water/grey/black tank and battery gauges.  That is where a voltmeter really belongs.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 5:58pm
You go to the next empty fuse spot on the 12v side, run at least a 14g wire from there to the spot where you mount this thing, and run a ground wire to ground. 12v is simple. Looks to me like you wire each component separately on it, so you just wire them in series. Use a 15A fuse.
headcold View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 3:01pm
Once this miserable winter lets up a little, I plan to install a j triple 3.1 amp USB charger and voltmeter with a 12 volt plug socket, which I plan to mount as close to my pod's breaker box as possible.  You can see view this item on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OBRA7KQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JHFA8958HW5J

Mounting it will not be a problem, but I am no electrician.  I know losts of folks here have tied in a voltmeter, USB chargers etc. to the breaker box of their pod; but, I'm no electrician and really need to be walked through this process.  Is there anyone out there that can render some assistance on this forum?

Any advice would be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12