FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed3 tv's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 tv's
    Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 2:09am
I just had my 172 wired for a 22 inch to be in the dining area and under, what is left of, my top bunk for an under the cupboard (drop down) tv so that I can watch tv in bed! I left the one that came with the r-pod over the sink, Now, if I splice into the wiring of the over the sink tv can I get a connection so that I can watch tv outside???? something to think about.......

I didn't actually do the wiring, a friend did and it works! I sorta know how he did it and it uses a lot of splices. BUT it WORKS!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 10:14am
!PICTURES ROXY PICTURES!

You can probably put it next to the plugs outside and your helper can do anything.

Sound like you've made alot of PODmods, making it your HOME_POD away from Home.

!PICTURES ROXY PICTURES!(or did I miss them)

Lee

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 10:31am
I'll take some before we (he) puts the pod back together. Then I have to get my girlfriend's son to teach me how to down load and paste pictures onto the site. Someday they will get posted.

Retired Roxy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 9:57am
Where did you get the drop down device? I'm looking for one so I can replace the Audiovox with a 19" TV in my 171.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 10:31am
Haven't bought anything yet - just hooked up a reg. tv My research has found that audiovox makes a 12 inch under the cupboard that I can only get thru Target- and it was cheapest on targets web pages about $300 plus shipping

Westinghouse makes an interesting 19" - haven't seen it yet - but it is designed with a multiple fold base so that it can be hung anyhere. I think Frys or Best Buy has it. It is under $200.
Then on line I found a multiple direction mount for a flat screen tv which might work for me

But to replace the one in your pod in the exact location you might just be stuck with another audiovox but 12 incher.

If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas or knows of a product I would really appreciate the info.

tv nut-Roxy
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 1:04pm
Wow... 3 televisions in an 18' trailer Thumbs Up

The next time that someone makes fun of me for browsing the internet on my laptop while sitting at the campfire, I'm going to send them your way, Roxy.
yizit View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 4:08pm
We bought a Toshiba 15" TV with DVD player from American of Madison.  Under $300.  Also available at BestBuy.com.  Just the right size.  We put a board on top of the sink when we use it, and store it away when not in use.  

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 6:21pm
Outbound: I'm with you, I don't have 3 tv's, but I have a 17" laptop for me (with a HDTV usb connection), my daughter has a 16" laptop and of course the audio thing above the sink.  Plus we both have Blackberries.  Still need to figure out the blackberry modem for the laptop.  But I get emails on the blackberry (have manual not put to use yet).

I think it's a whole new wave.  I'm not camping, I've traveling with comforts of home at a reasonable price.  I have a bucket list and I'm checking it off, IN COMFORT.

LeeLOL

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2009 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Outbound

..browsing the internet on my laptop while sitting at the campfire...

My wife and I do that!  2 laptops, a fire, and the stars...
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 12:01am

Here are the pictures of the 3 tv wiring job. The first one shows the wiring for the tv that will be sitting on the still to be made wall unit and will attach to the receiver and tv. The orange one is the direct wire from the satellite to the receiver. The black one is goes into the sat. port on the tv and the white one is plugged into the cable port

THis one is a close up of the switch between cable and satellite.

The last one shows all of the wiring and splits. The wiring to the other end of the trailer was fed through the wiring tube under the shower and then a hole was drilled into the stationary part of the wood base of the bottom bunk. It will be stapled to the wall and upper bunk for my third tv.

Retired Roxy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>