FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBOUGHT: RPOD 179

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOUGHT: RPOD 179
    Posted: 13 Feb 2015 at 11:58pm
BOUGHT A USED 179 7/29/2015

Thanks for all of the advice and help from everyone on this list. We bought a beautiful camper this week and we're officially off off the market and on the road!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I retired in July 2013 and last winter my wife and I spent five months struggling from Minnesota to New Mexico in a Winnebago Rialta. We loved the Winnebago part of the camper but learned to hate all things Volkswagen and after spending 4 months stranded in Truth or Consequences, NM learning how to cobble around the VW Eurovan's awful electronics, we decided Class C was not for us. We sold the Rialta (the best day of owning a VW) and bought a new-to-us house instead of replacing the camper.

Now, we're about to sell our old house and would like to spend a little of the money from that place on an RPOD 179 or equivalent. By "equivalent," I mean a camper (preferably an RPOD) with the 179's layout. There will only be two of us traveling in the camper, so bunkbeds, a second bed, etc is a waste of time for us. The 179 is the perfect layout for us and we're going to be seriously hunting for one in good shape for a reasonable price in a few weeks. Any hot tips would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,Cry
Tom Day
2014 R-POD 179
Nissan Frontier SE Supercab 4L 6-cyl, manual transmission
Yamaha WR250X & Suzuki V-Strom
Kayaks, canoes, bicycles, guitars, and a mobile recording rig all have to fit somewhere.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 8:45am
179 is the newest floor plan, finding one "used and at a good price" is doubtful, but anything is possible. I would honestly suggest you look for a new one, will be easier to find, and probably can be bought at the right place for less than what many owners need out of a used one to clear their loans..

Most manufacturers have at least one model in the 20 foot range with the same basic floor plan.. In case you don't find a pod.
jan demarinis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 10:08am
I will be selling my 2014 178 HRE with lots of upgrades/extras. It is in Albuquerque. Asking $15 firm.
2014 178 HRE
The Podyssey
2013 BMW X3 35i
Prodigy RF Brake Controller
twday66 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 12:31pm
The big key for us is the front or rear kitchen with a bed for two. I think there was an older model that also offered this feature and I just missed one in the local Craig's List. Since it's gone and I wasn't smart enough to note the model, I'm sort of stuck with the 179 designation until I have more info. What I particularly liked about the 179 and that older model was that the slideout was on the couch, not the kitchen along with the general layout. 
retireclose View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 1:07pm
twday66,  I have an early model 2015 R-Pod 179 that we are looking to sell.  I sent you a private message.
Gary and Jill Winters
Bella Golden Retriever
2014 Silverado 1500
2015 R-Pod 179 -(SOLD)
jkschmidt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 11:30am
I have an 2011 RPOD 172 for sale in Butte, MT
twday66 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 2:09pm
Thanks, JKSchmidt. It looks like we've narrowed the R-Pods that will work for us to the 179 and 175 models. We're just a pair of old people looking for as much efficiency as possible. No need for 4 beds. 
2014 R-POD 179
Kayaks, canoes, bicycles, guitars, and a mobile recording rig all have to fit somewhere.
jkschmidt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 3:36pm
Thanks for the response.  You might want to look at the 172.  Even though it has bunkbeads, I cut the top bunk back to make a shelf, so if you are regular sized people, it would work for you.  Mine has the mid bathroom/kitchen, with the rear dinette that is quite comfortable with windows.  Just an option to look at.

Thanks,  Jackie
Doll House Two View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2015 at 4:02pm
Are you still looking for an RP179.  I have a 2015 model, less than a year old. May wish to sell . Love the camper; it is for personal reasons.
Would be asking in region of $15, 500. Location Florida
twday66 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 6:39pm
I am definitely looking for a 175 or 179. You are probably out of our price range, since I've found new 179s at local and other Midwest dealers for $14k.
2014 R-POD 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>