R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRpod 182G dimensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rpod 182G dimensions
    Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 7:54pm
Hi guys. I'm Mike Sokol from the No~Shock~Zone, with many of my electrical safety articles posted here. I have a few questions about actual dimensions of the 182G Rpod. I can only find general hints at dimensions, but I need a little more detail.

I'm considering something like a Rpod 182G because the rear garage door might allow me to mount a really large video screen (60"?) across the entire width of the back wall. No, it's not that I can't do without my big plasma screen. Smile I want to use this do electrical safety seminars at campgrounds around the country, and being able to open up the garage and having my Power Point presentation would be very cool. I would probably also wire up the overhead speakers so they would be connected to my wireless headset mic. Cool, eh? Wink

I've downloaded a bunch of Rpod literature showing off the garage, but can't find an actual dimension. So can anyone with a 182G run a tape measure from top to bottom and side to side on the garage wall? That would help.

Secondly, the external dimensions of the Rpods are listed a 8 ft wide, but I've read complaints about the beds not being long enough for 6' 3" sleepers. That seems odd if the external dimensions are 8' wide, but makes more sense if the outside wall was 7' wide. I actually prefer a narrower trailer since I spend a lot of time driving, and not much time actually camping.

That also makes me ask what kind of MPG I can expect with an Rpod behind a small, Nissan pickup truck. For instance, last year I drove my Sprinter 50,000 miles doing seminars, so getting the best MPG is a concern. Any hints or suggestions where to look would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Mike Sokol
mike@noshockzone.org
www.noshockzone.org
marwayne View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 8:09pm
The inside dimension is 74" the outside dimension is 96". the reason is that the wheels are not build in, there are fenders on the pods.

If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 9:25pm
Welcome back, Mike.  If you are taller, many here are ok if they sleep diagonally on the bed (by themselves).  Expect to get 11-12 mpg, almost everyone here does.  I got less than that on 2 round trips around the US at roughly 9.6 mpg.  I figure it was due to many long hauls up big mountains.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jmsokol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 9:39pm
That's what I suspected. Thanks...
mike@noshockzone.org
www.noshockzone.org
jmsokol View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2015 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by techntrek

Welcome back, Mike.  If you are taller, many here are ok if they sleep diagonally on the bed (by themselves).  Expect to get 11-12 mpg, almost everyone here does.  I got less than that on 2 round trips around the US at roughly 9.6 mpg.  I figure it was due to many long hauls up big mountains.

I guess I'm spoiled by a Sprinter that gets 20+ MPG coast to coast with my foot in it all the way. I wonder how good the MPG would be with an Rpod towed behind one of the new baby diesel Ram trucks.
mike@noshockzone.org
www.noshockzone.org
beaster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 4:52pm
I have a 182g, I get 14 mpg at 70 mph with a new Dodge Durango.
I am not sure I would store a TV back there when not using, it can get
really hot, I put my TV back inside. I would rather have the racks for
storage, than an TV that size.
 Post Reply Post Reply