R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: 179 first trip I got no book on the Jensen TV, or
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed179 first trip I got no book on the Jensen TV, or

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 179 first trip I got no book on the Jensen TV, or
    Posted: 26 May 2015 at 7:47pm
we took our new 179 out for the first trip over the Memorial Day weekend. Didn't know what we would think of our new RV, but we were keeping an open mind. We have had many types of rv's ,the last was a Rockwood hw296 pop up. My gm truck pulled it like a dream. 60 mph and got 12 mpg. Just using the ball and an anti- sway. We were in northern Michigan, and at night it got down into the high 20's a couple nights. We used a small electric heater, and we were cozy. Originally I didn't think I would be happy with the small 19 inch tv, but I have changed my mind. It's ok. Not worth the hassle of changing it out to an adjustable mount, and a bigger screen to me. If you watch tv from the bed you won't be a happy camper. The screen is distorted. I am disappointed how small the frig is. We ended up buying a portable fridge to put outside. The door is a pain, in that it doesn't open all the way. Just have to live with it. The rear curtin has to go. How cheap can forest river be . You would think they could have put a mini blind there. Over all we really love the 179. It's great for two people. We had one big problem, that put a damper on camping. The Microwave quit working after  a few minutes. Did not blow a fuse, and there was power to the outlet in the cuboard where it was plugged into. Just no power on the microwave. Waited an hour and it started working again. Has anyone had this happen to them? Sounds like a thermo disconnect of some sort. Nothing in that little book that they give you. Maybe they will have to replace the microwave under warranty. Tried playing music on an USB flash drive, in the player. But couldn't get it to show me the different folders on the flash drive in the DVDs player window. I got no info about the Jensen TV, or the DVDs/ radio player to explain all the features of the TV or stereo . 
CFWARREN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 9:49pm
It is amazing how small the fridge is.  I remember the first time I looked at an Rpod, and without opening the fridge door, thinking it was pretty good size.  Problem is, it's only about 4 inches deep!
At lest it's a step up from the 3-way fridge in my old Coleman tent-trailer.

With the curtain on the rear window, I've read on here of people replacing the screws holding the tracks on with smaller screws, or round-head screws, that it will then open and close easier.

The TV mount has to be changed, agreed.  I can't understand why FR used this mount, with no tilt-down capability, on an LED TV.  With it mounted so high on the wall, you have to be standing up, directly in front, to view the TV.  TV mounts aren't expensive, and they could have used a better one.  Here's what I'm going to replace mine with:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O1UYHG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for the Jensen TV/Radio/DVD, there was a single sheet with the other manuals which said "we've gone green", saying that you can download the manual from Jensen.
2016 179 - Hood River Edition
2008 Nissan Xterra
Nomad2010 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 1:21pm
I bought that mount but didn't install it.  It turns out to only pivot about 5 degrees and I think one that pivoted about 20 would be a better buy.
Scott & Kim

The Mountains are calling and a Podding we must go!
 Post Reply Post Reply