Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Dealer Reviews and Comments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDufour's RV Fitchburg, MA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dufour's RV Fitchburg, MA
    Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 2:52pm

We picked up our new 179, the dealers brief was OK but strictly superficial. They couldn't get the refrigerator to work on 12v after about 20 minutes they said their was "a polarization issue". At home I plugged it into ac everything was working but battery stayed at 2/3 obviously not charging. 
On our first trip we had 110V power but battery which had charged during trip started running down. I call Dufour's they had no ideas "bring it in when you get back"

Think about it the only system that seemed to be inop. was the convertor got the manual out it says even an instantaneous reverse polarization will blow both 40 amp. reverse polarity protection fuses.

Replaced fuses convertor fine.

Obviously someone at Dufour's connected the battery wrong, I feel they should have checked this after the refrigerator issue.

Verdict on Dufour's still out but I have my doubts.

Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 3:02pm
Welcome.  Knowledgeable help at the dealers seems to be hit-or-miss.  The service dept. at the dealer where I bought mine ended up being horrible so I found a new one (better - so far).  If you look around for another dealer remember that they aren't obligated to do any work on your pod - some even refuse if you offer to pay cash.  Not like car dealers.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 6:28pm
Welcome to the group!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2015 at 7:32pm
Just an update.
First Dufours RV is in Fitchburg, MA not Lunenburg.
We have done two trips with our 179 totaling about 300 miles TV is a Nissan Frontier V6 SV with tow package and brake controller. This TV tows the 179 beautifully getting about 15 mpg combined while towing (stay under 65 mph). We towed on one trip with a full fresh water tank just to see and again no problems. The first trip was in the mountains of New Hampshire (I know these are not real mountains like the Rockies but you have to work with what you have). 
One more local trip this week and then out to Colorado, Wyoming and Montana for 4-5 weeks debating between second battery (charging off TV at campground) and Honda 1000i generator for dry camping. Any suggestions welcome. 

PS: I have probably posted this incorrectly so be gentle :-)

Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 2:19pm
As I have previously posted since we got our 179 in June 2015 we now have over 7,000 mile towing it around the country. We have had numerous problems due to what I feel are manufacturing glitches (Forest River as well as Domenic and whoever makes the brakes/wheels). So I have spent some time on the phone and in person with Dave at Dufour's RV in Lunenburg, MA. 
Dave and Dufour's have been outstanding at keeping us camping this summer (40 nights and counting) even when they were unable to get the needed parts from the manufacturer they have devised work arounds to keep us fully functional. While I had some doubts early on as stated in my earlier post I am very glad I bought locally and that my RV dealer Dufour's RV is only a mile from my home.
Kudos to Dave and his team.

Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2015 at 9:06pm
Once again I put Dufour's RV in Lunenburg when it is actually in Fitchburg, MA
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2015 at 11:15am
Title fixed!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply