R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTire-ology

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tire-ology
    Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 10:30am
Yes, it is only about providing an outlet for those that no longer own pods but still want to hang out here.  I've lost count of the number of posts and IMs that say "we've sold our pod and I'm sorry we need to leave the forum".  We tell them they can stay and many have.

No worries about expressing your opinion, Bob.  Remember this forum was started because of censorship (and the denials it was occuring) on the other pod forum.  We've always pledged to maintain a venue that was free of that. 

As for critical information, that can be posted in multiple areas and even converted to a forum-wide annoucement if necessary (like the few posts you see at the very top of every sub-forum).  The "pod manual" thread is a candidate for that, hadn't thought of that before.  And, those w/o pods are welcome to read what is posted in this sub-forum, too, like Tars.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:36pm
  Thank you David, that is good news you have had no problems with you tires. This is the information on the sidewalls of our tires.  Power Towing   Trail Express  ST 225/75/R15   8PR Load Range D   Tread 5 Plies 2 polyester 2 steel 1 Nylon  Sidewall 2 plies Polyester  Max Load Single 2,540 lbs. 65 PSI . I know people are more likely to post a complaint rather than a good remark about something. I don't think we will ever load our camper over 4,000 lbs. The axle is only rated for 4,500 lbs. The tire pressure I think I will keep at 60 PSI, 65 sounds a little high.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12