Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding the one idiot in the camp ground
    Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 9:05am
CryGlad to hear others are camping in the cold, we just took delivery of our 172 a week ago and now want to go away in it this comming week although the forcast high temp is 47.  We'll need to bundle the kids up and make the best of it.  Does anyone know how long I can expect a full 20lb propane tank to last with the heater and frig going on it in 40 degree weather?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 4:47pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 1:08pm
Too funny. How about a rotisserie stool to allow for even warming from your campfire. I've got to go...off to the patent office Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 12:58pm
For those cold nights 'round the campfire, its the Heated outdoor chair!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 12:10pm
brings back memories of our Coleman Sequa Popup and camping in the winter.  Heater just runs like crazy and goes through too many tanks of gas.  (And always runs out in the middle of the night!)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 12:05pm
BRRRRRShocked
gmandual View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by boldham

Here's another idiot (me) this spring before I got my 174. And you think the R-Pod is drafty! I remember wishing the furnace would just stay on instead of cycling on/off every 5 minutes.
Lol, you win.   Never did snow in a tent trailer.   Have snow camped in an inlgo, but have a feeling that was still warmer then a popup in the snow. :)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 11:55am
Originally posted by boldham

Here's another idiot (me) this spring before I got my 174. And you think the R-Pod is drafty! I remember wishing the furnace would just stay on instead of cycling on/off every 5 minutes.

Whoa, that looks Cold !!!
That unit would need a good Drying-Out after that experience.
Pop-Outs are a nice way to camp (as opposed to a tent) but
the heat issue, and moisture collection is frightening.

Great Picture !!!

Thanks for sharing !!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 2:12am
gmandual View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by PodPatrol

Thanks for the great infoe g-man !!!
A possible set-up could be to put the two LP tanks and one battery on the tongue, then carry a fully charged battery in the back storage in the Pod. (thus helping to balance the weight)

Or .... Put two Batteries and One LP on the tongue, and carry the other LP in storage, or perhaps the bed of the truck, thus easing the lbs on the tongue.

I like the second idea better, cause both batteries will be used for the Pod, and one of the two LPs will be for "outside" uses. Changing over a LP tank could be easier than changing over a battery in a pinch, depending on how its all setup.

Thanks g-man !!! I appreciate the help on that .....

Based on your needs I would tend to agree.   Two batteries up front and a second LP tank in storage seems to make sense.    I have seen quite a few boondockers carry a spare LP tank in the shower while traveling, then chain it to the trailer outside when they camp.   Since you are looking to use a second tank just for BBQ and not for the trailer, that might be a good option.   But if you have room in the bed of the truck, I have a feeling that is even more convenient.    Check out the  tank bases that makes it easier to keep tanks from moving around while you have them in a bed of a truck or in a shower. 

My 172 started off with a bit lower dry hitch weight of 179,  so had a bit more room to start with when it came to adding weight to tongue. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>