FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFinding the one idiot in the camp ground

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finding the one idiot in the camp ground
    Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 6:34pm
Sometimes they are hard to find.
Here are some tell tale signs to help you find him.
#1 He could be driving a vehicle like this
#2 He could be the one BBQ'ing hamburgers in the snowstorm
#3 He is the only one outside walking around with a camera on a day like this
#4 Sometimes you can just follow his tracks
#5 and sometimes its very easy locate him,  because he's one of the only ones left in the campground

I am happy to say, the heater in the R-POD works very well.   A bit noisy, but I wasn't in a situation to complain.   By day two, purchased a nice plug in electric heater which was a nice addition.  :) 

Wallowa Lake, OR - Park at the River 
VERY EARLY season snow storm

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 7:14pm
I would say that the "idiot" had a great time!Smile

Terry
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 7:42pm
I feel your pain. We spent the weekend camping in the cold drizzle. Had a campfire going almost constantly from Friday night to Sunday afternoon.

We burned one Gator load of firewood purchased from the campground, and when we ran low, the guy who runs the place brought us a second load for nothing. He said anybody who is crazy enough to camp in weather like this deserves a deal.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 7:58pm
I absolutely love to go for a walk when it is snowing.
It is so quiet and peaceful.
Someday when the kids are grown I look forward to a camping trip like that.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 8:03pm
For number #2 Even Idiots have to eat.  

Don't feel like the lone ranger of Idiots:
Ex-spouse and I were on a beach North Sea, Bremerhaven Germany, in a six person tent.  Gale force wind took down the tent, with  me inside.  He spent in the night in the car, I spent the night sleeping in my arctic sleeping bag in what was left of the tent tie to the car.  Sure wish I had pictures of that one.

Good time was had by one and all.
LeeLOL
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 8:12pm
Looks beautiful to me. And sometimes having a campground to your self is a beautiful thing too. Cant wait to see some scenery like that in my pod
gmandual View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 8:12pm
Well I think I have now found every small air leak in the trailer,  it actually stayed nice and toasty warm other then a few small drafts.    I was expecting possible snow flurries with highs in the mid 40's over the weekend, it never got above the low 30's.    Did appreciate the dual tanks I put on the trailer, just from the piece of mind.  Going to go out later this week and weigh them, as am curious how much fuel I burned.     The park is nice, its a privatly owned camp ground, and they where really nice folks and checkied on folks to make sure they where doing ok in the cold. 
  Other folks in park where BIG 5th wheels with tip outs and sat dishes.   Only saw others outside once.   Spent about half the time out walking around and checking out wildlife.  Since it was hunting season all the dear where down in the park where they where safe.    (not sure how they always seem to know that)   Of course the dear where only around when I didn't have my camera with me.  
   I wish my schedule would have let me stay a few extra days.   Was very peaceful from the most part, except for the occasional branch breaking from tree due to snow weight.   

Did learn one unfortunate thing.  That ice build up on the top of the trailer, seems to slide right off.   Unfortunatly a big chunk slid off the front and right down on the battery box, and cracked the top.   I rigged up a quick "guard" out of a cutting board and a couple of pieces of wood.  Will come up with something a little more permanent before I put the trailer away for the winter.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 8:23pm
Heading to Iowa with the pod for Thanksgiving and its gonna be cold. Any tips you give on cold weather camping in the pod. Like what did you do to keep you water tanks from freezing
gmandual View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee

For number #2 Even Idiots have to eat.  

Don't feel like the lone ranger of Idiots:
Ex-spouse and I were on a beach North Sea, Bremerhaven Germany, in a six person tent.  Gale force wind took down the tent, with  me inside.  He spent in the night in the car, I spent the night sleeping in my arctic sleeping bag in what was left of the tent tie to the car.  Sure wish I had pictures of that one.

Good time was had by one and all.
LeeLOL
Lol, glad to know I don't have the market cornered.  :)
Since I hadn't done any cold weather modications ot the trailer, was worried that by staying I might freeze something on the trailer or myself.   Most meals I had where setup to be cooked outside on the grill and not inside (due to smoke created by me burning/cooking food).  The night I BBQ'd, walked down to a pizza place that was about a mile down the road.    It was closed sign and quick note scribbled on the door "Boss called it, wasn't coming in due to weather.   So we all went home."  So I went back to the camp, and proceded char some steaks.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 9:13pm
Sounds like a good time to Us !!
Great Pics, and the infoe concerning Cold Camping
was welcome indeed.
Was glad to hear no-build-up of snow/ice on the top.
Sorry to hear about the Battery lid. I'm sure you'll come
up with a great mod for that.
I starting to consider how to double the battery & LP
tank on the tongue. I'll check into the weight specs.
I've seen generaters on the tongue, so doubling
the battery and tank may work.

Hope you get those drafts filled.

HAPPY PODing !!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>