Topic ClosedCampgrounds we have visited and liked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ronahue View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Campgrounds we have visited and liked
    Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 8:53pm
Yes, we have a 2015 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4X4 with automatic transmission and it is an excellent TV for the  R-pod 179. Last summer we towed from Boston to Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and back to Boston. Mileage is 22-24 without the trailer and 12-14 with although a strong headwind will drop it to 10 mpg. I do not have nor do I feel the need for either a WDH or sway control. I find it actually tows better with a full fresh water tank which puts a little more weight on the hitch in the 179. I usually leave the over drive off while towing it would be nice if it had a tow mode for the transmission as it tends to shift up to early and down to late. The worst feature is the turning radius it steers like a truck twice the size, which can make backing the trailer interesting. We have a Primus IQ brake controller and while it works fine in retrospect I would have purchased the P3 as the only convenient mounting place in the Frontier is very close to the 70 degree limit of the Primus IQ.
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 8:24pm
We like the KOA in Littleton,NH. and Roger's campground in Jefferson,NH. Both are fairly close to Twin Mountain,NH. A lot of great fishing , hiking and attractions in the area!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Patriot Dave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 5:55pm
I noticed your tow vehicle is a Nissan Frontier.

How would you rate it?
Dave & Joyce
Never Forget, In God We Trust; This Our National Motto.
Member; Patriot Guard Riders, Michigan Chapter
Retired; So Every Day is Saturday.... Except Sunday
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:18am
Campgrounds Summer 2015

Living Waters Campground Twin Mountain, NH Outstanding location along the Ammoonusuc River clean, quiet and safe. Facility is showing it's age but this is a great location with plenty of activities. 
NOTE: NO ALCOHOL IN OR OUT OF YOUR RV OR TENT ALSO NO CURSING. 
Having said that the owner operator and his family live on the premises and couldn't be nicer or more helpful.

Colorado State Park System
Rifle Gap, Rifle Falls, Steamboat Lake and Ridgeway you will not regret visiting any of these in my opinion all are outstanding places to camp.

Gros Ventre in GTNP any short comings in facilities is made up for with outstanding views an great staff. No reservations makes it iffy during peak season. When we were there they had 14 nights in a row when the were full by mid-afternoon.

Madison Campground YNP again location, location, location reservations are a must during the peak season try to book in February or March to be sure of your summer days. no hookups but great staff. I advise you to call and not use the online system as you have more flexibility. Some spots are very tight for the larger rigs.
Want to get away from the crowds at Yellowstone try Slough Creek Campground up in the Lamar Valley. Drinking water, vault toilets and no generators but solitude and wildlife abound. Don't go out without your bear spray. We saw a black bear roaming through the campground at noon.

Emerald Lake State Park Vermont, dry camping but a beautiful location and outstanding swimming.

Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
 Post Reply Post Reply