R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNo fresh water - Event Date: 17 Oct 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: No fresh water
    Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 10:26pm
I drained the hot and cold water from the low point drains. Then I filled up the fresh water. The gauge shows it is full, the water pump is on and running but no water comes out of the faucet. Then I drained the cold again. Right after that I opened the low point hot drain and hot water came out of the cold water drain. Anyone know what might be causing this problem?
Life is too important to be taken seriously!i
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 10:12am
No water - check the winterization valve on the water pump intake. It is probably set to pull antifreeze and not water from the fresh water tank.

Hot water from the cold low point drain - It is possible the middle bypass valve behind the water heater is open, while the hot and cold valves are still set to open (hot and cold should always be opposite the bypass valve), which would allow hot water to siphon out through the cold water valve.

Also - I removed the extra thread and the posts on the other thread about this, to consolidate things.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Plantguy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 2:34pm
I have not "winterized" the pod. The only thing I did was drain the hot and cold and refill the cold. Can draining the water set off the "winterization" ? One more issue we are having. My axle is bent. I took it to the Dallas plant to have them check it out. That was months ago. The Dallas plant took photos etc and sent them to the Indiana main . I just received a call from the warranty woman, Jessica Wiggins, informing me that I would have to take the pod to a dealer and have the dealer report back with photos and parts numbers. This has taken months to get a call back. I understand the reason for the dealer inspection but the time to get to this point is inexcusable. I have another trailer about the same size, single axle, and I carry a lot more weight in it then I do the pod. We make sure most of the weight we carry is in the bed of our pickup. After over 20 years with our business trailer, driving on bad roads, hitting bumps etc, I have never had a problem with the axle. We have had the pod since April 2015 and have only been on one trip, never off the pavement. The factory keeps "hinting" that driver error is often the reason for a bent axle. 2+2 is not adding up to 4 in this case. Any experience with this situation?
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated
Regards,
Ken aka plantguy
Plantguy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 3:19pm
 Got water now. The pull down faucet in the sink was broken. I took off  and water flowed!. But, the water in the bathroom was not working either. Now it works... Maybe the problem was just refilling the water lines after I drained the tanks. I also pushed the reset in the water heater compartment. Again, thanks for your help. Owning one of these travel trailers for the first time is a learning experience.Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply