Topic ClosedMore newbie questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: More newbie questions
    Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 11:02pm
There is an electric plug in my kitchen...and I mean plug, singular. Looking under the cabinet, I see that both the fridge and the oven are plugged in down below so I'm thinking there isn't enough juice to have two outlets in my kitchen. I tried putting an adapter that had three plugs on it and it wouldn't work! Anyone else run into this?

Then...I used my furnace for the first time. Heat poured out of the vents below but cold air poured out of the ceiling! It remained cold the whole time I had the furnace on. What's that all about??

Thanks for any help!
Marcia
Marcia from MN
13 177 R Pod
06 Dodge Grand Caravan
Max, Gracie & Greta
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:34am
Usually the single outlets are for the microwave and fridge. The one for the fridge is in the lower outside fridge compartment, so I'd guess you are looking at the one for the microwave. Maybe its circuit breaker is off, have you checked the breakers on the converter? Or another possibility - were you only running from the battery? The 120 volt outlets do not work then.

Usually the problem you describe is because the thermostat's fan setting isn't on auto, so the A/C's fan runs at the same time as the furnace. That can be helpful at times to distribute the heat, although not usually necessary. But this sounds like the A/C was actually on and not just the fan. You may need a dealer to diagnose that, likely it is a wiring problem behind the thermostat.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
ronahue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2015 at 9:46am

If you have a GFCI (ground fault) outlet check that it is working and if not reset it. In our 179 we have a GFCI near the sink I found that when the circuit is interrupted none of the outlets in the 179 work.
Ron & Sharon
2015 R-Pod 179
2022 Nissan Frontier

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message but a billion electrons were really agitated
 Post Reply Post Reply