R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWinter Cover - Event Date: 13 Nov 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Winter Cover
    Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 1:30pm
I am thinking about purchasing a winter cover but I am concerned about damaging the TV antenna installing and uninstalling the cover. TV antenna looks pretty delicate?
bmiller
1tulip View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 10:00pm
We just put one on this weekend.  I don't know if we're going to be removing it in the spring to find a broken antenna, but I can give you our experience for what it's worth.  The cover is very lightweight.  Our pod is the 171 so one of the smallest ones.  The covers are made to accommodate an 18+ foot model.  So ours fits relatively loosely.  

Knowing that we could possibly damage the antenna, I was on top of a pretty tall ladder, pretty much laying on the roof  protecting the thing with my body as my husband slowly pulled the cover over the pod.  I should have had someone getting the whole thing on video.  I'm sure it looked like something Stan and Ollie would have done (and if you're too young to know who Stan and Ollie are... look them up on youtube. Find out what classic physical comedy is.)

Judging by the way the thing lays on the pod and how much give it has, I think we're going to be OK. 
 Post Reply Post Reply