R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: The Rpod Bubble has Burst!!Prices will bottom out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Rpod Bubble has Burst!!Prices will bottom out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Rpod Bubble has Burst!!Prices will bottom out
    Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 2:05pm
Over on the FB group, we have had a pod owner who took pictures, very detailed actually, of one on a dealers lot..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 11:17am
If true (and you seem to have the scoop on such things) that IS interesting. If "W", absent an agreement, is willing to go forward with this, realizing almost certain legal challenges, they must feel that there is a strong enough market for this design to justify the legal expense and hassle.

If I am a Pod owner, I'm still happy at this indication and I'm not running for the exits. Again, sit back, relax, pop a cold one and watch the lawyers slug it out.

Again, if true, I would question the sanity and/or sobriety of their management. I just can't see them prevailing on the sales floor or the courtroom. It would be deja vu all over again (mpg).

Do we know if any Drops have been sold, yet?
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 9:29am
There is zero 000000000000 affiliation, partnership, or collaboration between either of these.

The Drop is a "copy" much like the MPG was a "copy"
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 6:45am
  Maybe Forest River is in the process of buying Winnebago and adding it to their collection of manufacturers that it owns.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2015 at 5:49am
Originally posted by kymooses

Originally posted by David

This is kind of "old news" - as it was touched upon back in September.

Winnie

Personally, I suspect that "W" has either:
Bought the "rights" to manufacture the design or,
is buying complete or nearly complete Pods from FR and putting their "W" graphics on them - again under agreement. (This may explain why FR is cranking out Pods at a fever pitch)

I also suspect:
The FR lawyers are not "asleep at the wheel" and,
FR is probably upset about this all the way to the bank.

As Furpod points out, FR does not seem to be bashful in defending themselves (ie - MPG). "W" is no doubt aware of this history and I think it unlikely that they would "invite" a legal squabble. If no agreement exists, I suspect we will be reading about it shortly. I'm not holding my breath.

I would lean with extreme confidence 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% that it's suspicion number 2.  Clap

I would lean with extreme confidence 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% that you are right.

Something like this makes good sense, as it would be a win/win for both FR and W. (Why fight each other and lose money when we can "partner up" and both make MORE money)

Personally, I interpret this a good indicator. When a stalwart of the industry (such as W) sees a healthy demand and a continued healthy demand for the product, that says something.

There is no need to run for the exits. Sit back, relax and pop a cold one. If my suspicion is correct, the Pod now has a twin sister - born of the same DNA. Things are just getting better.
fwunder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 9:57pm
My 2024 178 works for me, my wife and my cat. Haven't had any real problems and haven't seen anything better for us....yet.  So, there's that.

fred
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
GorgePod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 8:14pm
So are we part of a new category of TT. Not just light weight, not really tear drop, or retro. So what would you call it? How would you define it? What qualifies as part of it?

I've always thought RPod was a breed of its own, inspiring its own followers. If like to think that we are a special subset of TT. I don't want to be lumped in with all the other TT's.

Thoughts?
codycountry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 6:57pm
codycountry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 6:47pm
Remember who owns FR.   Warren Buffett.   He tends to make profitable business decisions.   Wink
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by David

This is kind of "old news" - as it was touched upon back in September.

Winnie

Personally, I suspect that "W" has either:
Bought the "rights" to manufacture the design or,
is buying complete or nearly complete Pods from FR and putting their "W" graphics on them - again under agreement. (This may explain why FR is cranking out Pods at a fever pitch)

I also suspect:
The FR lawyers are not "asleep at the wheel" and,
FR is probably upset about this all the way to the bank.

As Furpod points out, FR does not seem to be bashful in defending themselves (ie - MPG). "W" is no doubt aware of this history and I think it unlikely that they would "invite" a legal squabble. If no agreement exists, I suspect we will be reading about it shortly. I'm not holding my breath.

I would lean with extreme confidence 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999% that it's suspicion number 2.  Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>