R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Recent Quality Concerns? Fall 2015 On Especially?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRecent Quality Concerns? Fall 2015 On Especially?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recent Quality Concerns? Fall 2015 On Especially?
    Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 9:30pm
It would interesting to see a Problem anayalysis poll made with a series of Check boxes like
year
model
Hood river or not (this may tell what mfg facility it came from)

Problem selection

Leak
Roof
Window
other
This data log may reveal where some of the problems lay
2010 RAV4 V6
2017 RPOD 179 Hood River Edition
Dual 6 volt Batts
Dual propane Tanks
Batt Disconnect
Bed leg extension
Dinette modification
Renogy 100w solar
Motorcycles several currently
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:07pm
I suspect the data would be biased, most owners only go looking for info and find us if they have a problem.. thousands of owners, who may have had no issues at all, may be out there, happily podding along.
ron/roscoe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 1:38pm
Quality control is a big problem with FR.  Top quality comes with a higher price.  Once you look in the walls and other hidden areas, you will see bent screws and many screws missing.  Something is wrong with the three safety net inspections and you still have basic problems.  This forum has helped me fix several items that my dealer in Myrtle Beach missed.  I have owned many RV's over the past 25 years and FR is the worst in quality control.  Boy, Iso 9000 quality control inspectors would have a great Time writing up all the problems.  I am one of the Iso inspectors (retired).  My suggestion is to never buy an RV in a resort town, due to many trips back to the dealer for repairs.  I love my Od 178, 2016 model but it is a lot of work.
Ron Rowland
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2016 at 3:52pm
We have bought two new rpods, a 2010 171 and a 2015 179. Barring a couple very minor issues ( that were all taken care of under warranty) we have had no serious issues and are very happy with our pods!
One important thing to remember is that your dealer is the one that should do an inspection and either reject the pods if there area real problems or fix them before you ever touch your rpod.
We had a seal issue, a a/c shroud that had a crack near a screw and peeling stickers. Also a bad CO detector, all issues were addressed and fixed by our dealership with no hassle or problems.

Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234