R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Recent Quality Concerns? Fall 2015 On Especially?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRecent Quality Concerns? Fall 2015 On Especially?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recent Quality Concerns? Fall 2015 On Especially?
    Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 6:44pm
Thanks all of you! My nerves have been somewhat calmed.
Commander203 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2015 at 8:17am
Also remember you can purchase an additional one year of factory warranty from Forest River for only one hundred fifty bucks. You just have to make sure you purchase it with ninety days of taking delivery. I thought it was a good investment.
Mike & Erin
2013 Tundra 4.6L V8 (Tow PK)
2006 Honda Goldwing GL 1800
2005 Honda VTX 1800N
The Principal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2016 at 6:16pm
Don`t know if anyone else has had this problem or not. My pod developed a leak at the air foil on the back.It was installed and no sealant was placed under it or around the edges. The nonstainless screws rusted out and I had to have it removed sealed and stainless screws put in place. Very disssapointed in the subpar work when was constructed. Now I have water stains and sour uphostry . Very upset about the quality of workmanship. The price of the camper brings expectations of better quality workmanship and quality control.
The Principal
R-176
Fish Pod
timpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by The Principal

Don`t know if anyone else has had this problem or not. My pod developed a leak at the air foil on the back.It was installed and no sealant was placed under it or around the edges. The nonstainless screws rusted out and I had to have it removed sealed and stainless screws put in place. Very disssapointed in the subpar work when was constructed. Now I have water stains and sour uphostry . Very upset about the quality of workmanship. The price of the camper brings expectations of better quality workmanship and quality control.

Thanks for the heads up on rusted air foil screws, I'll have to keep an eye on mine.. Or replace as preventative maintenance.

2016 Pod 172
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 1:19pm
Another fact of life is how quickly FR had to scale up production. Not easy to do. When dealers are screaming for them because Rpods sell so quick, then FR has to get the volume out. In a perfect world the new Assembly and QC people would be trained in all things Rpod, but the reality is they have been recently reassigned or are new hires. I researched the Rpod extensively before I bought it, I knew exactly what I was getting into - I wasn't expecting a unicorn for $15k.
timpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Retroactive

Another fact of life is how quickly FR had to scale up production. Not easy to do. When dealers are screaming for them because Rpods sell so quick, then FR has to get the volume out. In a perfect world the new Assembly and QC people would be trained in all things Rpod, but the reality is they have been recently reassigned or are new hires. I researched the Rpod extensively before I bought it, I knew exactly what I was getting into - I wasn't expecting a unicorn for $15k.

Thanks to these forums, which I read before my purchase, I was also aware of what I was getting into... but still, it's frustrating to fill up your water tank for the first time only to discover that you're filling up the interior of your rpod with water instead! because improperly tightened hose clamps.  So though I'm still happy with the purchase, having a certain amount of DYI skills will make your pod life less frustrating.
2016 Pod 172
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 1:41pm
Oh, I agree the level of QC is unacceptable.  FR should not be using the "F*ck it, ship it!" mentality.  Things like plumbing disasters will eventually bring them a lot of pain in the form of class action lawsuits.  Trust me, I am keeping my fingers crossed... I already found some things that made me go grrr! (I'll be addressing some of those issues during my next mod diary update)
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Retroactive

Oh, I agree the level of QC is unacceptable.  FR should not be using the "F*ck it, ship it!" mentality.  Things like plumbing disasters will eventually bring them a lot of pain in the form of class action lawsuits.  Trust me, I am keeping my fingers crossed... I already found some things that made me go grrr! (I'll be addressing some of those issues during my next mod diary update)

Reading posts like this are very irritating for me.  Why does it always come to lawsuit threats for some folks?  Some, far from most, owners have had problems.  The vast majority of them have been promptly handled by dealers and FR. 
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
codycountry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 6:51pm
I 100 % agree with you Keith. 
Plus I haven't seen even one class action lawsuit, maybe there are some out there?  
Yet venting is good for the soul sometimes, so I hope they feel better.
My 1013 Rpod has been a solid build.  I've pulled it up some rocky two track 4x4 roads and rough gravel roads and all I've fixed is on piece of stapled on trim that came off, and a sticky bathroom door trim.  Easy.  No complaints. 
J&Jcf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 6:53pm
I had a leak that I thought was coming from the poorly sealed light bar/ air dam. Caulked but leak persisted during heavy rain. Used hose and sprayed further up on roof. It turned out it was leaking around the ac on door/ right side. Since I was leaving on trip next day I caulked exterior of ac on front and both sides. Problem solved. When I got back I figured out how to remove interior ac plastic to get at 4 bolts that hold ac in place. They where barely tightened. Tightened down to specs. Can't find leak check up stream. I listed how to remove ac plastic panel in another post. Others post 50 ft lbs for tightin bolts. Good luck. My leak at first seemed like it was coming from rear window but was actually leaking from that strip above window and it was brown color that mean it travelled a ways.
J. - 2011 rpod 171
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>