R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Recent Quality Concerns? Fall 2015 On Especially?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRecent Quality Concerns? Fall 2015 On Especially?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recent Quality Concerns? Fall 2015 On Especially?
    Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by codycountry

My 1013 Rpod has been a solid build.  

Those Middle Ages pods came with some interesting options.  Upgrades to solid wooden wheels, trebuchet rack for the rear receiver, waste bucket option for the bathroom.

LOL
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 7:41pm
Doug, you don't miss a thing, you sharp eyed owl !  They also had an upgrade harness for 2 horses to pull, instead of the usual 1 horse model.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Keith-N-Dar

Reading posts like this are very irritating for me.  Why does it always come to lawsuit threats for some folks?  Some, far from most, owners have had problems.  The vast majority of them have been promptly handled by dealers and FR. 

When did I threaten lawsuits? I guess you didn't read my other post where I actually defended FR? Or did you just miss all my points completely?
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 8:39pm

I 100 % agree with you Keith. 
Plus I haven't seen even one class action lawsuit, maybe there are some out there?  
Yet venting is good for the soul sometimes, so I hope they feel better.
My 1013 Rpod has been a solid build.  I've pulled it up some rocky two track 4x4 roads and rough gravel roads and all I've fixed is on piece of stapled on trim that came off, and a sticky bathroom door trim.  Easy.  No complaints. 

Annnnd, when did I threaten lawsuits? Did read my post where I defended FR?

codycountry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 8:51pm
Techntrek,
I really want the trebuchet rack for my Rpod out here in the formerly wild west.  Kindly provide contact info for purchase.  Then provide the build info for the trebuchet.  That would be a blast!  I love those things.   Maybe I can get a grizzly bear or wolf with one of those.  Whole new perspective to Rpoding.  Fun stuff.   Thanks for opening up new Rpod horizons!
fleurdenola View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 11:11pm
As the original author of this topic that has gotten much attention in the last few days, I thought I'd post an update. I purchased my 2016 179 and picked it up on December 16. It's been great! A few minor issues, but nothing at all major or unexpected. I will say that thanks to this forum and the FB group I was well educated with what to look for as warning signs before agreeing to purchase. My dealer had 4 179's on the lot and I deeply inspected each and hand picked the one I wanted to purchase. My dealer let me spend extensive, unsupervised time in each one. I will say there was 1 in which I found several of the issues I'd read about. On mine, I saw none. The minor issues I've dealt with have been an unconnected interior speaker (easy fix), a broken flip foot jack bolt after 2 trips (easy fix), and a pain in the you know what gas/CO2 detector (still working on that).

I adore my pod. I'm so glad I found this forum and the FB group to support me through my first time RVer fears. I am much more active on the FB group than this group, due to convenience as well as level of activity. But, I hope to see y'all around both places!

Kathryn
Houston, TX
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by jato

Doug, you don't miss a thing, you sharp eyed owl !  They also had an upgrade harness for 2 horses to pull, instead of the usual 1 horse model.

BOOM!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2016 at 10:02pm

Techntrek,
I really want the trebuchet rack for my Rpod out here in the formerly wild west.  Kindly provide contact info for purchase.  Then provide the build info for the trebuchet.  That would be a blast!  I love those things.   Maybe I can get a grizzly bear or wolf with one of those.  Whole new perspective to Rpoding.  Fun stuff.   Thanks for opening up new Rpod horizons!

1-800-TREBUCHET

Just $2495 if you order now!  But wait, there's more!

Order now and get TWO for the price of ONE!
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:10am
Originally posted by J&Jcf

I had a leak that I thought was coming from the poorly sealed light bar/ air dam. Caulked but leak persisted during heavy rain. Used hose and sprayed further up on roof. It turned out it was leaking around the ac on door/ right side. Since I was leaving on trip next day I caulked exterior of ac on front and both sides. Problem solved. When I got back I figured out how to remove interior ac plastic to get at 4 bolts that hold ac in place. They where barely tightened. Tightened down to specs. Can't find leak check up stream. I listed how to remove ac plastic panel in another post. Others post 50 ft lbs for tightin bolts. Good luck. My leak at first seemed like it was coming from rear window but was actually leaking from that strip above window and it was brown color that mean it travelled a ways.

I looked at the picture in the other post. The screws should be tightened to 50 in lbs. There is quite a difference between the two.

Doug,

Thanks for a good laugh. I would really like to see that trebuchet built and mounted. Any graphic artists here who could post a drawing of it?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Retroactive

Oh, I agree the level of QC is unacceptable.  FR should not be using the "F*ck it, ship it!" mentality.  Things like plumbing disasters will eventually bring them a lot of pain in the form of class action lawsuits.  Trust me, I am keeping my fingers crossed... I already found some things that made me go grrr! (I'll be addressing some of those issues during my next mod diary update)

Gee. this seems like a threat to me.  As for reading your posts I am not likely to give them much time in the future.  Have a nice life.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>