R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOne Month In

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Month In
    Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 4:17pm
   My experience to own a camper you need to be handy in making repairs. Because they are not repaired when they leave the factory. Confused
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Gavin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 9:55pm
Op,
You got a lemon too but remember a clunker is a clunker no matter how crappy the factory can churn them out, but you appear to be logical, you can see past the love affair of rpods here and see the junk which forest river passed off on you.
Don't expect some clowns around here to say they took a beating on their rpods too.... Its kinda like dealing with folks who are in too deep and revert to denial.
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Gavin

Op,
You got a lemon too but remember a clunker is a clunker no matter how crappy the factory can churn them out, but you appear to be logical, you can see past the love affair of rpods here and see the junk which forest river passed off on you.
Don't expect some clowns around here to say they took a beating on their rpods too.... Its kinda like dealing with folks who are in too deep and revert to denial.

Or perhaps most of us have had much better experiences with our pods. 
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 12:08pm
Yup, most here just haven't had a long list of issues, especially 2009-2014.

Believe me we don't sugar coat things here.  When the first big thread appeared here on issues with the more recent pods, I was asked (politely) if I would take it down.  Our policy here since day 1 has been "no censorship", so I said no.

I have also made my own long posts about the recent quality control issues.  They have a QC feedback loop problem and need to fix it. 
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 1:43pm
A lot has to do with doing a thorough walk through before you take possession of it. Both our pod purchase inspections took hours and our dealership through Forrest River has fixed every complaint we have had, with no problems. 
If you let " Forrest River or your Dealership" dump a piece of crap on you" seems to me that is your own fault!

Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2016 at 2:13pm

Op,
You got a lemon t

I don't see much of a lemon in the OP's complaints. Maybe the piece of wood under the refrigerator (but I'm not sure what that's about.  Sounds like something under there that needs to be moved or removed.)  All of the other complaints are pretty much dealer issues that have nothing to do with the R-Pod, although they don't help its reputation, or they are cosmetic.  The sewer hose is a dealer issue.  If the dealer were smart, he'd supply a decent hose, but he gives you something that will work, maybe, until you can get to Walmart and get a real one.  Does that make the Pod a lemon?

The TV bracket may or may not be the dealer, I don't know, but it's something you see during your walk through and regardless of whether it does what you want it's probably not going to be a make or break issue in your decision to buy the Pod.  If you don't like it, replace it with something you do like.  Again, not a "lemon" factor.

The mattress and cushions could certainly be better.  I don't know about cushions sliding around.  Mine don't do that.  We got a memory foam topper for our mattresses and could hardly be happier.  Neither of these are lemon issues, in my opinion.

The bathroom sink was, best I can tell, (I don't have one), not a great idea in concept or reality.  Again, though, it is what it is and unless it's hanging down held only by a PEX tube or two, it's not a lemon issue.

The air conditioners is loud.  So is the furnace.  Sounds like the OP hasn't tried that yet...  I would think Forest River could have come up with better choices or better engineering for those, but if they work, they aren't lemon issues.

Lemon issues, to me, are leaky windows, a bad hitch, stabilizers that fall off due to bad welds, hot water plumbed to the cold water faucet, light switches that don't work, etc.  Bad parts or bad workmanship.  I didn't see any of those kind of things in the OP's list (except maybe the wood under the sink.)

I forget what else the OP complained about....  He has a right to be unhappy, and as others have suggested, he's probably right to sell. I suspect he'll lose money, which is a shame.  I'll bet a person could spend 3 times as much for a small, light camper trailer and still find as many things to complain about.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2016 at 9:46am

Op,

LOL.. what drivel.

We took a beating on our Airstream. The pod has been great, just finished the 5th season with it yesterday. Have pods had problems? YES. has mine? Nothing to give me heartburn about.

@ $12.6k, or, the very bottom end price wise for TT's in the 17 foot range, I neither expected, nor was concerned about, the lack of "Airstream Quality"... TT's are what they are, if they are not for you, walk away, be happy.

BTW, the idea of a "lemon" is an item that CAN'T be fixed. Not an item with a repairable issue. Almost nothing that could go wrong with a pod can't be fixed. Look up how lemon laws actually work sometime. I have seen a couple Honda's bought back on lemon laws, happens.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123