R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedlEAKS - Event Date: 29 Jan 2016 - 02 Oct 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: lEAKS
    Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 1:03pm
My names is Fletcher, username is [teardropman]! I am new to this RPOD FORUM, and I am wanting to buy a new, 2016-RPOD-RP-182G. I was just wanting to know, if anyone owning one of these units has had ANY PROBLEMS with watering leaking over the bunk-beds and has anyone had any problems with the , BACK GARAGE DOOR leaking? It will only be me living in it and I will be trading in my big CLASS A on one of these RPODS!!!! Also, what is the true size of the bottom bunk. I will only be using the upper bunk for storage!!! I have a bad back and need to know is there enough room in the bottom bunk to put a, STANDARD SIZE TWIN MATTRESS in place of the one that comes with the new RPOD. I will have to order a special twin mattress because of my bad back!!! Thanks to all for any questions I get and, HAPPY CAMPING TO ALL, ole Fletch in Jax., Fl.
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 8:17pm
Welcome from San Antonio. I don't own a 182G so all I can say is that I have not read of any issues with the leaks that you are concerned about. Not 100% on this but I don't think a standard twin will fit. Good luck Sir! 

Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 5:27pm
Welcome.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 6:00pm
No real issues with leaks, the garage door has a pretty good lip around it. The mattress area is to small by a large amount for a standard twin mattress. Owners I know with one bought a queen memory foam mattress and cut it to fit the 2 bunks.
teardrop-man View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 6:18pm
That is a great idea and thank you!!!!!! There are a lots of these smaller teardrop trailers out there now, but all in all, would you recommend one to a friend, like me, a new friend? It won't be towed very much, just something nice to live in until I have to go into the dreaded, ASSISTED LIVING!!!! So far, I have NOT read very much negative about these little units!!!! In your opinion, go ahead and see if I can make a deal??? Thanks so much for answering my post and " HAPPY CAMPING " , sincerely, ole Fletch in Jax., Fl.
teardrop-man View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 6:23pm
Again, a nice traveling group you have there!!!! HAVE FUN, ole Fletch
 Post Reply Post Reply