R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedtwo different 183G models??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
howmanyds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: two different 183G models??
    Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 6:01pm
With a little investigating on the part of kymooses, it seems pretty obvious that the dealer was fibbing.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 1:46pm
A) where are they camping in the last few months, (since the new garage was introduced) and..
B) how is the counter getting that much sun with the garage door over it?

Interesting..
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by howmanyds

The dealer that has the older non-metal garage counter is telling me that R-pod is telling him that many people are having trouble with the metal counter heating up in the sun within about 15-20 minutes, and it scorching little fingers.
Thoughts?

Well the new metal tops have only been around just a little while and Garage owners aren't as plentiful as other models but that's not something I've heard about happening.

I can certainly see that though.  Which dealer was that?
howmanyds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 5:22pm
The dealer that has the older non-metal garage counter is telling me that R-pod is telling him that many people are having trouble with the metal counter heating up in the sun within about 15-20 minutes, and it scorching little fingers.
Thoughts?
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 9:08am
The seamless metal counter in the back garage is the newer one.  The older plastic with the storage basins is the older.

Most all the differences are cosmetic, the inside sink in the kitchen is one of the nicest changes.  There will also be a difference in the axles on the two models, but that wouldn't be any type of incentive to buy one or the other.

I like the new garage, I like the one piece back area and prefer the colors, it looks better I think.  And the undermount sink inside is a great space saver.
howmanyds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 4:24am
In my searching online, I've found 183G models of two different varieties: one with the new undermount seamless kitchen counter AND a garage that lacks the three basins to the left of the sink, and a second that has an above-counter white kitchen sink AND a garage WITH the three basins in the garage counter top that are pictured in some of the product literature. The other difference is that the garage without the basins has a TV mount that looks like a small black curved box compared with the TV mount in the garage with the basins that has the chrome metal bracket that looks ready to have a TV latched into it. Can anyone tell me which of these two varieties are older? Are there any other differences between these two iterations of the 2016 183G models that I'm not seeing in the limited pictures I can find online? Thank you!

I've asked on R-pod's Facebook page too, but I don't know yet how quick they are to respond.
 Post Reply Post Reply