R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTV Tilt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV Tilt
    Posted: 03 May 2016 at 5:20pm
I have some time before our next planned trip. However, if the delay is too long, I will need to do something, and will likely order the mount with the plate that will fit.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by StephenH

Retroactive,That's the one I returned. I wanted to use the tilt mounting plate on the existing arm. It won't fit. The one that will fit costs more than the proposed price of the custom bracket. I'll wait for it and see what the final cost will be. Hopefully, the information will be available soon.

This is true, but the difference was only $8 or so and I've already gotten to use it on a trip.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 3:19pm
Retroactive,

That's the one I returned. I wanted to use the tilt mounting plate on the existing arm. It won't fit. The one that will fit costs more than the proposed price of the custom bracket. I'll wait for it and see what the final cost will be. Hopefully, the information will be available soon.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 2:00pm
A viable option that I and others have used is this mount from Amazon. It takes less than 2 hours to swap out, it's shown in my mods thread on page 3. Only two screws to drill:
http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Articulating-Monitor-Extension-ML12BCE5/dp/B003O1UYHG?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 11:13am
Originally posted by TheBum

Where are you trying to separate the new mount? I used only the TV plate and the bracket it attaches to, removed at the bolt closest to the TV. I did not use any arms of the new mount. All I had to do was drill out the two holes in the tilt bracket to 1/2" and bolt it in using the original mount bolt.

I'll try to swing by our storage unit and snap a photo this evening.

I think the one you used is different from the one I ordered. The linked mount in your post looks different from the one I received. The one I received was much less sturdy, only using a narrow bracket with two screws/bolts to mount it to the wall. The one linked in your description had a wider plate, much like the original that looks like it would use 4 screws/bolts like the R-Pod's original mount.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
TheBum View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 10:59am
Originally posted by StephenH

I decided to order the setup from Amazon that The Bum recommended. It will be here tomorrow. It should be simple to swap out the mounting plates and gain the adjustment needed.Edit: I ordered, received, and will return. The plate and tilt bracket that holds the television can't simply be removed from the mount and used to replace the original plate and non-tilt bracket. Not only is the bolt considerably smaller, but the legs of the bracket are too closely spaced to fit onto the original bracket without sawing some of the length off. Thumbs Down 'Taint happening!I will wait until the custom bracket is finished.

Where are you trying to separate the new mount? I used only the TV plate and the bracket it attaches to, removed at the bolt closest to the TV. I did not use any arms of the new mount. All I had to do was drill out the two holes in the tilt bracket to 1/2" and bolt it in using the original mount bolt.

I'll try to swing by our storage unit and snap a photo this evening.
Snukapig View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 9:28am
I'll buy one if this happens for sure!!

Update: Never mind! I ended up doing a mod of my own and welded part of the old bracket to a tilting one.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 8:54pm
I decided to order the setup from Amazon that The Bum recommended. It will be here tomorrow. It should be simple to swap out the mounting plates and gain the adjustment needed.

Edit: I ordered, received, and will return. The plate and tilt bracket that holds the television can't simply be removed from the mount and used to replace the original plate and non-tilt bracket. Not only is the bolt considerably smaller, but the legs of the bracket are too closely spaced to fit onto the original bracket without sawing some of the length off. Thumbs Down 'Taint happening!

I will wait until the custom bracket is finished.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Jules View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:06pm
If you are taking orders for this bracket, count me in!
mluneau View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 7:47am
Great idea! Thanks for sharing. I am very interested in getting such a bracket. What do I need to do to acquire? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Marc & Patrice
2016 179 pod
The Luneaus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>