Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRCA/Video Cable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: RCA/Video Cable
    Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 5:35pm
Hi All, I recently purchased a 2016 177 HRE and have not been able to use the tv from the dvd player. The audio works but not the video. I did some research (best information came from the forum) and checked the internal cable connections.
Results: Connected to the player and wall plate near the tv, good connection from wall plate to tv.
Next, I unplugged the cables to ensure there was a clean connection.
Results: The video (yellow) cable coming out of the wall to the video wall plate has a plastic connector where the middle metal one typically is. (see pic, the cables coming from the right are connected to the tv for reference) I initially thought there was a plastic cover over the connector, but that is not the case and in the right light conditions you can see through the plastic.

Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know of an easy way to fix this?

I would take it to the dealer but they are several hours away.

Other than this little hiccup, we love our new pod!

Webstas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 6:40pm
i had the same problem i took it to the dealer and they soldered on a new connector, if you dont want to take it to them you could do it yourself i have used these in my home
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=6212
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 10:27am
Believe it or not, this is usually a tv input menu setting.  So is "works, but it's black and white"..
Leverkit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 1:21pm
Thanks for the info Webstas, I will probably do the work myself, just did not want to buy the stripper and crimper tools for this one project. Looks like the part you suggest doesn't require the tools? I will look into it.
This was discovered on our first night on our way home following pickup. Cold January night in Moab so we were hanging out inside. Found a deal in Salt Lake City we could not pass up that the regional dealer (western Colorado) was unwilling to come close to. The salesman from Colorado (where we live) also told us they would not work on warranty issues from a unit purchased from different dealer. Seems like Forest River might not approve of that but it is still several hours away.
I tried the menu settings first with no positive results and went from there.

Thanks again for the help!
SandD View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 6:56am
Speaking on tv's. The head banger tv above the bed (2014 178) has video out jack on the back but no audio out so can't connect external speakers. Anyone experience this?
There are two types of people in the world. Those who like RPODs and those who are wrong.

Rpodder
2014 RPOD 178
06 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
BrianandCrystal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2016 at 9:04am
Again, thanks for the help! We removed the plate and the wires were connected to the wrong ports. Switched everything around and now it's working fine.... Someone at the factory is sitting over there laughing and wondering how long it will take a newbe to figure it out...
 Post Reply Post Reply