R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDome Track size

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
john in idaho View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dome Track size
    Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 12:27pm
Stupid question --- what are the two different sizes in measurement??  My  rail is 5/16" wide along the narrowest part of the split in the rail.  2015 179.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 12:16pm
I cannot tell which is the larger, the keder strip on the dome, or the rail on the Pod..

If the pod rail is to large, then you need a dome from a newer pod. That should be easy. If the pod rail is to to small, see below.

2011 was the changeover from small keder to large. In general, if you have a rings pod, you have the small keder. The dome from Dometic to fit that keder has been OOP for several years now. The odds of finding a new one are virtually zero.

Your options include, finding a small keder dome in the classifieds,

Ordering new small keder and having a sail or boat shop or upholstery shop change the keder,

Change the keder rail on the pod (FR will sell you a new rail) and lastly,

Pahaque makes something very much like the dome, and the visor, and a awning, and can make them for either keder rail size. 

If it's the rail is to large, and you have a small keder dome in your hands you don't need, post it as such in the classifieds and it should be gone in days. 2011 is the only year the changeover affects. '09-'11 are mostly small keder, and late 2011 forward are all large keder.
rudyunknown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2016 at 11:00am
Hi All

So usually i find answers to everything pod related here. So here it goes, when i bought my 2011, R-pod 171 from the previous owner he gave me the rdome but what he had done was convert the rdome to a bikini dome, he cut off the three sides and just left the sun shade at the top.

So i went and got another dome from the classified section here. But when i went to install it, i realized it the track is too big for the new rdome, the plastic thingy sewed on the end of the dome that goes in the track was thinner than the rdome i had, and the track was made for a thicker insert.

So far i have got no luck trying to explain it to the RV shops over the phone. What are my options here?

Thanks
Rudy
2011 Rpod 171
Tundra
Rudy Reshmi n big Omkar n lil Arjun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12