R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDome Track size

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dome Track size
    Posted: 01 Apr 2016 at 9:55am
In that case i am willing to sell...will have it in the classified then...
if no one bites then i will maybe do the swap in the kneder..
thanks all
2011 Rpod 171
Tundra
Rudy Reshmi n big Omkar n lil Arjun
TJsGPa View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 5:22pm
Embarrassed Bought a new 2016 RP182G late last summer.  The Dome that came delivered with it has the narrow (8mm) edge and of course the pod has a 14mm rail.  We also acquired a PahaQue "visor" with 14mm edge so I can clearly see the difference in dia. of the two edges.  When I tried to work with the dealer and Forest River to get a proper fitting dome they both pleaded ignorance of any issues and offered zero assist other than a suggestion to use vise-grips to squeeze the keder into smaller size.  Then the visor's 14mm might not fit.  At any rate, I have used the "dome" (8mm strip into 14mm rail) several times with, so far, no pull out problems.  Just need to keep the the dome strip neatly centered for about the first 8 or 12 inches during installation.  My only problem is hanging the billowing mess out to dry after a rainy trip...fairly common here in the Northwest.  One hint:  I used a chunk  of an old wax candle to lube track and a file to kind of smooth up the end corners of the rail.  Overall I like the Dome.
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8
pushed by:
2020 rP 195 HRE
Viruscage View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 9:11am
Originally posted by furpod

Originally posted by rudyunknown

Yeah i got the larger rail, the dome came in from a older rpod...

Where can i buy the Keder strip for the dome. I still want to have the option of using both the domes. Can I buy the keder strip online or from a RV store?

And if i get hold of the strip, who can put it on the dome? I meant who can sew in the new keder strip inot the old dome?

Thanks
Rudy

Honestly, there is no reason to swap either. Just sell the older dome, MANY owners of small keder rail pods are looking for domes. Use the money to buy a proper fitting dome, and make two owners happy. If that doesn't make sense to you, and you want to modify the older dome, just search google for "keder tape", it's used on sale boats a lot. Then find a local boat shop our auto upholstery shop to do the sewing.

I realize this is an old thread, but would you happen to still have that smaller dome?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12