R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedStowing the tent on 176T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stowing the tent on 176T
    Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:15pm
We just picked up our first RV trailer, a 2016 176T.  Can anyone explain the proper way to stow the tent?  The guy that did our demo didn't seem to be very knowledgable.  When we opened it for the first time after leaving the dealership I noticed that the top of the tent was out of its retainer.  I didn't notice this during the walk through but now I can't get it to go back in place.  The salesman said he would make arrangements to have it fixed but I'm wondering if it was stowed wrong causing it to come undone or if it was not installed right from the factory. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 6:39am

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Pod!

I am not familiar with the tent models so, I can't be of help. Stay tuned...someone will jump in.
JHoffman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 5:16pm
Thanks!  We are realy excited and are looking forward to many great adventures around New England with it.  Our first adventure was getting it home from Jeff Couch RV Nation in Hamilton Ohio to Westfield Ma in heavy winds.  The Tundra did good though, maintained 65 up the hills of Western PA with power to spare and still got 11.5 mpg which was 1.5 better then what I was expecting after reading several post on this forum about their TV's and what they were experiencing for mileage. Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 6:10pm

I'm guessing you have the (5.7L ?) V8 in your Tundra. It should do a fine job in getting you anywhere you want to go. So, you have no excuse...get out there and use them!
JHoffman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 7:59pm
Yes it has the 5.7, plenty of power but terrible on gas.  The best I can get is about 17-18 MPG's without the trailer.  I wish Toyota would get the diesel on the U.S. market. They have been talking about the cummins engine for several years now, the same engine that the Nissan Titan now has available for 2016.
2016 176t Rpod the "Hoffpod"
2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2016 at 9:46pm
moved to the podmods section
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply