R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhich LED replacement bulbs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which LED replacement bulbs?
    Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 10:25pm
So...  I've done a search and the results didn't get me exactly what I was looking for, so...

I've done the Amazon thing and I have found two different options for LED replacement bulbs - by chance does anyone out there in R-pod land have a suggestions as to which to get?  It is going in a 2013 R-pod 171 

Here are links to the two types I have found...

This is a "flat" type
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKN8FXC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2WYHIKT67HDGV

and this one is a "bulb" type - for a lack of a better discription
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTK5W3U/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A32EP6WDRZTBZ4

Any information on these - or information on other options - would be greatly appreciated .
Thanks 
cd
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 6:34am

I installed the "flat" warm white type in all of my interior fixtures and have been very pleased.

I installed the "bulb" type in my landscape lighting (at home), where I wanted 360 degree light output.
johnmaci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 7:56am
OK, so this one may be a bit trickier.....
The bulb in the range hood is not LED. Has anyone found a suitable soft white replacement LED for this one? I think it may be an Edison base? It may be the same as an appliance bulb but not sure of the wattage either.....
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by johnmaci

OK, so this one may be a bit trickier.....The bulb in the range hood is not LED. Has anyone found a suitable soft white replacement LED for this one? I think it may be an Edison base? It may be the same as an appliance bulb but not sure of the wattage either.....

The bulb in my range hood is a standard T-10 base (like all of the other interior fixtures). The old bulb was similar to vehicle instrument panel lights (maybe a #194???, smaller, less light output). Probably not a true T-10 base but, the T-10 base LED fit and works.

Remove the plastic lens and see if the existing bulb will pull straight out. There is not a lot of room to work in there but, it is doable.

Wattage...about any LED you get is going to require less power than the old incandescent. Pick how bright you want it to be.
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 5:12pm
You may want to read reviews on the specific bulbs. They might say soft or warm white, but the odd glare some of them is blinding and nowhere near as comfortable on the eyes. I have stock ones in my 2016, and I end up only keeping one on most of the time - they almost feel like they are going to give me a headache.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 5:34pm
It's your lucky day...here are some pics:

So, if you have a Jensen hood, it should be similar. I used a 6-LED "bulb" that I bought as an early experiment with LEDs. All of my other fixtures have 10-LED "bulbs".
cdsmith View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 9:04pm
Well I ended up getting these;

"GRV T10 921 194 24-3528 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White DC 12V Pack of 10"

They are the "flat" type - they seen to be about as bright as original bulbs and a little more of a white light.

I'll post an update after some use...
cd
 Post Reply Post Reply