Topic ClosedPoor Forest River quality control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poor Forest River quality control
    Posted: 09 May 2016 at 9:56pm
We had some fit and finish issues such as loose plumbing connections and trim pieces not attached well. However, the biggest issues were due to the dealer not checking it thoroughly before it went off the lot (wasp nest in the refrigerator burner) a damaged fender partly due to a design flaw and partly due to the door being swung too far open and hitting the fender, and the water tank support problem. All these were fixed for me. The plumbing, and several other minor problems I fixed myself.

Overall, I can't complain about the quality. Thanks to folks here, I found out about some potential problems and addressed them before they became actual problems. Smile
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
bigjoey38 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 10:17pm
Dont some dealers charge a prep fee?

I hope to pick up a 178 next week and hope they would check everything.
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 10:22pm
One would hope so, but they don't seem to check behind panels or open up access panels or remove drawers to check and tighten plumbing. Forest River puts the onus for that on the owner.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Gavin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 10:13pm
You can have a  ton of problems out of an R-pod and have one literally fall apart going down the road and kool-aid drinkers here would still try to rationalize any redeeming qualities of the r-pod....they have been sold an addiction to aesthetics... simply been played by  the marketing strategy of Forest River.LOL
Part of that marketing strategy is having tje customer take another sip of kool-aid and being sold on to a remote idea they wont eventually burn out a transmission on an anemic vehicle not even designed to pull it.Confused
 Sell it and get something  far better and roomier for the same price and enjoy camping
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Gavin

You can have a  ton of problems out of an R-pod and have one literally fall apart going down the road and kool-aid drinkers here would still try to rationalize any redeeming qualities of the r-pod....they have been sold an addiction to aesthetics... simply been played by  the marketing strategy of Forest River.LOL
Part of that marketing strategy is having tje customer take another sip of kool-aid and being sold on to a remote idea they wont eventually burn out a transmission on an anemic vehicle not even designed to pull it.Confused
 Sell it and get something  far better and roomier for the same price and enjoy camping

Once a troll always a troll right Gavin?
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 10:39am
Well that was rambling and half coherent. Drunk posting? I guess he has never owned a Harley!
DennisTx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 11:49am
Embarrassed Some pretty interesting people in the Carolinas.  
2011 Tacoma V6 4x4 Double Cab
2016 R-180
Leo B View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 1:42pm
Ditto on the drunk posting Sleepy
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
timpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Okeefjr

Hate to bad mouth Forest River but don't think much of their quality control.
We picked up our 2017 179 yesterday at Big Daddy's RV and stopped at Indian mountain state park for our first night shakedown. I decided to fill the fresh water tank so I stuck the hose in and turned on the faucet. Started doing other things setting up and heard wife inside screaming, there's water pouring out on floor from under the bed.I looked at the filler opening for the fresh water tank and nothing was coming out the vent hole. I then had to take out the bed to get to the plumbing. The vent hose coming out of the top of the water tank blew off at the inside of the the filler connection,no hose clamp was put on at the factory.
Bad job Forest River!

Had the same issue, except the hose didn't come completely off, just lose. Luckily I caught it early enough and didn't completely fill the interior of the pod with water. Something everyone should check on sooner or later, hose clamps can loosen over time and it's good maintenance to check them once a year.
2016 Pod 172
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Gavin

You can have a  ton of problems out of an R-pod and have one literally fall apart going down the road and kool-aid drinkers here would still try to rationalize any redeeming qualities of the r-pod....they have been sold an addiction to aesthetics... simply been played by  the marketing strategy of Forest River.LOLPart of that marketing strategy is having tje customer take another sip of kool-aid and being sold on to a remote idea they wont eventually burn out a transmission on an anemic vehicle not even designed to pull it.Confused Sell it and get something  far better and roomier for the same price and enjoy camping

Gavin,

In case you have not gotten the hint, most of the members here do not appreciate comments of this nature. They are pleased with and proud of their Pods. They allow and recognize a wide range of perspectives and opinions but, there are limits.

You may feel as you will. However, this is not the right venue to practice Pod bashing or, worse, questioning the intelligence of any member(s) of this forum.   Perhaps another forum, like RV net, would be a better fit for you.

Good bye, Gavin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>