Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poor Forest River quality control
    Posted: 14 May 2016 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by David

Originally posted by Gavin

You can have a  ton of problems out of an R-pod and have one literally fall apart going down the road and kool-aid drinkers here would still try to rationalize any redeeming qualities of the r-pod....they have been sold an addiction to aesthetics... simply been played by  the marketing strategy of Forest River.LOLPart of that marketing strategy is having tje customer take another sip of kool-aid and being sold on to a remote idea they wont eventually burn out a transmission on an anemic vehicle not even designed to pull it.Confused Sell it and get something  far better and roomier for the same price and enjoy camping

Gavin,

In case you have not gotten the hint, most of the members here do not appreciate comments of this nature. They are pleased with and proud of their Pods. They allow and recognize a wide range of perspectives and opinions but, there are limits.

You may feel as you will. However, this is not the right venue to practice Pod bashing or, worse, questioning the intelligence of any member(s) of this forum.   Perhaps another forum, like RV net, would be a better fit for you.

Good bye, Gavin.

I for one hope that Gavin doesn't move on. I find his posts entertaining :) I think it’s the blind faith in the superiority of his new RV, combined with his ranting about pod owner’s “kool-aid” drinking. He’s obviously drunk too much kool-aid himself, but he doesn’t quite realize it…. anyway, it’s funny.

2016 Pod 172
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 6:03pm
THANK YOU DAVID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I purposely stayed out of Gavin's last round of attacks on purpose as Holy Scripture points out:

"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."  Proverbs 18:2
"Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him."  Proverbs 26:4
"A fool always loses his temper, but a wise man holds it back." Proverbs 29:11

A different individual is Gavin.  If I don't like something, I leave it behind and move forward . . .that is progress.  To live in the past and bring up dead bones accomplishes nothing except hard feelings and animosity.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
hogone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 9:23pm
go blues!!   hogone
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Gregm View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 10:31pm
We had two issues when we bought our slightly used 2015 171. The windows were not caulked properly and we had the dealer do that. And we also had a problem with the furnace vent apparently the gasket was never applied and was never cauked. We had the dealer caulk the windows before we took it home but the furnace vent we didn't find out until we were camping and saw the leak coming from under the cabinet under the sink. We thought it was plumbing at first but took her back to the dealer and fiound out it was due to the furnace vent.part of the problem is I park it next to my workshop and the roof drains the water towards that side of the Rpod. Since we've had the gasket installed and caulked we have not had any problems
Gregm
2014 171
2015 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 8:00am
Originally posted by jato

THANK YOU DAVID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I purposely stayed out of Gavin's last round of attacks on purpose as Holy Scripture points out:"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."  Proverbs 18:2"Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you also be like him."  Proverbs 26:4"A fool always loses his temper, but a wise man holds it back." Proverbs 29:11A different individual is Gavin.  If I don't like something, I leave it behind and move forward . . .that is progress.  To live in the past and bring up dead bones accomplishes nothing except hard feelings and animosity.

This is probably the best way to deal with offensive posts (as mentioned above in Proverbs 26:4). Some personalities "feed" upon causing others to become upset.

Please understand that, personally, I take no pleasure in "parking" someone. However, continued/ongoing toxic remarks need to be addressed in order to keep R-Pod Owners a pleasant and informative place to come.

While a wide range of opinions/positions are welcome, there are minimal rules. These are a "sticky" in every topic - not a secret.

Welcome and Rules

As always, if anyone feels that these rules are being violated, please bring it to the attention of the admins.
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 8:26am
Again, hats off to you David on doing an excellent job of being this forum's moderator.  Fy ought to send you a bonus check, actually any check for that matter!
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 8:53am
I purposely refrained from replying to Gavin here. After many years of participating in Fidonet, I have learned one thing: Leave the moderating to the moderators!

I used the "Report Post" option under "Post Options" instead. Thank you David for taking action. I wish Gavin had found it within himself to just let it go and go make a positive contribution in the Dutchman forums (if they exist) instead of hanging around here attacking a product which, while not perfect, is certainly of a sufficient quality that we have purchased and are enjoying them.

I just finished re-caulking the kitchen window in my 2016 R179. The silicone caulking (presumably done by the dealer as I understand they just come with the rubber seal from the factory) was not done very well. I'm not going to just complain though about how bad it is. Instead, my mods will show what I did about it.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Patriot Dave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 9:36am
Originally posted by David

Originally posted by Gavin

You can have a  ton of problems out of an R-pod and have one literally fall apart going down the road and kool-aid drinkers here would still try to rationalize any redeeming qualities of the r-pod....they have been sold an addiction to aesthetics... simply been played by  the marketing strategy of Forest River.LOLPart of that marketing strategy is having tje customer take another sip of kool-aid and being sold on to a remote idea they wont eventually burn out a transmission on an anemic vehicle not even designed to pull it.Confused Sell it and get something  far better and roomier for the same price and enjoy camping

Gavin,

In case you have not gotten the hint, most of the members here do not appreciate comments of this nature. They are pleased with and proud of their Pods. They allow and recognize a wide range of perspectives and opinions but, there are limits.

You may feel as you will. However, this is not the right venue to practice Pod bashing or, worse, questioning the intelligence of any member(s) of this forum.   Perhaps another forum, like RV net, would be a better fit for you.

Good bye, Gavin.

Well said.
Dave & Joyce
Never Forget, In God We Trust; This Our National Motto.
Member; Patriot Guard Riders, Michigan Chapter
Retired; So Every Day is Saturday.... Except Sunday
Patriot Dave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Patriot Dave

Rpods could be a Great Travel Trailer but until quality control issues are corrected at the factory, Rpods will be just another good trailer......... among other good trailers.

There are two books out there I suggest every manager at the Rpod factory read, "Good to Great" and "Built to Last" both written by Jim Collins.

They could become a Great Trailer and RV company.

I would like to add the following to my earlier post.
Being a Newbie I have learned a lot here. Completing some of my mods I have seen a few things regarding workmanship that bugged me but, nothing that I couldn't take care of myself with very little effort.
Each one of us takes the Rpod from being a good RV to a being Great RV as we complete our own personalization. Yamaha motorcycles used to have a great theme "Make it your own" in other words they build a good bike and you make it your own and in so doing turn it into a Great Bike. Thats why I owned two of them at one time and still have one.
I am transforming my 179 from Good to Great. And am enjoying doing so.
Dave & Joyce
Never Forget, In God We Trust; This Our National Motto.
Member; Patriot Guard Riders, Michigan Chapter
Retired; So Every Day is Saturday.... Except Sunday
jimandclare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2016 at 10:01am
Sorry this is an off post.
Hey Dave.  Saw a 179 on a road named after a French city.  Is that you or is there another pod in the neighborhood?  Love the window in the door mod.
Jim & Clare
2016 R-pod 178
2014 Ford Edge
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>