R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Water Pressure Regulator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Pressure Regulator
    Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:33am
We use one. We put it at the bibb, before anything else. I have seen hoses burst from pressure spikes.We go wye, PR, hose, in-line filter, brass elbow into pod. I often mount my pressure gauge on the off side of the wye.
Pod_Geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod_Geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 8:42am
Stayed at the Vernal, UT KOA a couple weeks ago and for the first time didn't use a regulator because it was leaking like crazy (apparently many of them are notorious for developing leaks), and lo and behold, water started dripping from the connection at the back of the commode and formed a small puddle on the floor at the foot of the bed (seeped under the wall).

Went ahead and attached the regulator (set to 25 psi...one of the adjustable ones) and the leak completely stopped.

I estimate that the regulator leaked about 40 gallons/8 hours based on the time it took to fill a 5-gallon bucket.

I now have about four spare regulators that I'll have in the R-Pod toolkit (mostly the simple ones) and an inline pressure gauge.

I asked the desk clerk upon leaving if they had high water pressure and she said yes, so I mentioned that it might be a good idea to warn/remind guests of that fact and to use a pressure regulator, as some RV parks with high water pressure have done in the past when I checked in.  She didn't seem too interested in what I had to say.
2020.5 R-Pod 195 Hood River
2018 RAM 2500 6.4L
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 9:29am
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 1:57pm
For us it isn't necessary.  Usually boondock and the few times when electric is available at selected campsites such as in state parks, water is not available, hence we never have need of one.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 3:43pm
I too just used campground water to fill the FWT in the rare cases when it was available. No pressure issues and by dumping whenever I refilled I always knew how much gray/black water I was carrying.
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12