R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Water Pressure Regulator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Pressure Regulator
    Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 6:40pm
Does anyone use a water pressure regulator anymore or have the R-Pods graduated to the point, where regulating the incoming water pressure is not a concern?

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
MoPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MoPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 6:46pm
Don't hook up water without it in any RV.

Bill & Nancy
2015 RPod 179
Previously 2010 RPod 176
2014 Explorer Sport
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 10:10pm
I tried one once, but it reduced the pressure.  Haven't used one before or after.  The pex can handle pretty much anything you'll get from a campground.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 10:56pm
Never used one.
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 7:14am
I am like you Leo. Never used one and have never hooked up to a water supply.  We always bring our well water with us in the 30 gal. tank.  Also have a couple 5 gal. tanks for longer trips so we don't run out of drinking water.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 8:40am
Originally posted by techntrek

I tried one once, but it reduced the pressure.  Haven't used one before or after.  The pex can handle pretty much anything you'll get from a campground.

My experience exactly.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 10:40am
For us, it's cheap insurance.  Like having a surge protector.  You don't need it until you do.  There are adjustable pressure regulators available, which is the one we have.  Have you gotten rid of that troublesome 151 and gotten a newer Pod?  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 LB. Mini Dachshund)
2013 Rpod 171HRE(ORPod)
2016 Lance 1685
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 3:27pm

I've only hooked to "city water" once in my camping life and used a regulator. I fill the tank and use the pump but....that's just me.
Jpntime View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jpntime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 6:48pm
 I was at a campground in Yellowstone National Park and luckily the lady told me not to hook up to there water  without a pressure regulator because the pressure was very high so I didn't I just filled my tank and I noticed three other different RVs had water leaks so fill your tank or carrier water pressure regulator Smile
Love to camp
2014 171
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Camper Bob

For us, it's cheap insurance.  Like having a surge protector.  You don't need it until you do.  There are adjustable pressure regulators available, which is the one we have.  Have you gotten rid of that troublesome 151 and gotten a newer Pod?  Safe Travels.

Yes, we sold the RP-151 sometime ago.  We're looking to get a 2017 RP-180.  Going to the dealer on Saturday to look and put a deposit down.

Thanks everyone for the responses.  We 1st used the regulator, then stopped, due to the lack of pressure.  I didn't realize they had adjustable ones.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>