R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOuter side Seams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outer side Seams
    Posted: 14 May 2016 at 1:59pm
Forest river is taking care of my seam issues. Apparently a few screws got over tightened. It is being repaired as we speak with no leakage found.
rdbedford View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 11:48pm

I purchased a new 2016 R-Pod 180 in March, and yesterday I noticed exactly what you have described. Also, I noticed a small 2 inch area in the middle of the siding that I am sure is delaminating. I have not used the camper once and I'm already not impressed with my purchase. I plan on calling and sending them pictures tomorrow.

Angry
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 7:35am
Originally posted by rdbedford

I purchased a new 2016 R-Pod 180 in March, and yesterday I noticed exactly what you have described. Also, I noticed a small 2 inch area in the middle of the siding that I am sure is delaminating. I have not used the camper once and I'm already not impressed with my purchase. I plan on calling and sending them pictures tomorrow.

Angry

Talk to the dealer first. FR won't get involved unless there is some serious issue that the dealer can't resolve.
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 11:02am
   I think all dealers are not as skilled as others in making repairs. I would try to get some understanding of the skills and quality of their work where you will have it repaired. You can almost be positive that if the repair is difficult factory will fix it correctly. Hopefully it will be a easy repair and it is not that serious. Hope all works out well.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Funky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 11:40pm
Our 2017 R Pod 180 appears to have a similar problem. We have used it twice so far. It is very disappointing. For now, I have applied caulking/sealer to the area. At the end of the season (unless the separation becomes more severe and makes it unuseable before the end of the camping season) it will go to the Forest River service department for warranty repair. We've encountered several other quality problems as well. This one, I think, is the worst of the bunch. You'd think they'd build the camper well enough that the walls wouldn't come apart. We did a lot of research prior to getting out R Pod and we thought we were getting a good quality product. I guess we were wrong. I will let you know, at the end of the camping season, whether Forest River performs a repair to our satisfaction.
Funky
2017 R pod 180
Jazz trumpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 12:45pm
Funky,  looking forward to your next post on this issue.  Thanks

John and Marilyn
2016 Rpod 180
2001 Chevrolet Suburban
Jazz trumpet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 1:13pm
Well, I'm taking delivery on my Rpod 180 on July 11, 2016 and will definitely climb a ladder, check all appliances and video the walk thru. 

Thanks for all your posts of issues. 

John
       John and Marilyn
2016 Rpod 180
2001 Chevrolet Suburban
Beachguysc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 11:09pm
We are buying a close-out 2016 182 this week. Went for a walk through the other day and noticed the same thing happening on the front of the pod, just above the diamond plating on driver side. The small piece that goes from back to front covering the seam was pulling up. Asked them to re- caulk  both sides before we pick it up. Our pod was made over a year ago, so 2 hot summers baking in the SC sun. I hope it stays in place and is not something that will keep happening. Is there anything else I should check for? Dealer is 3 hours away and don't want to take it back and forth for little things. And how much is extended warranty and is it recommended? 
Marco T View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 5:57pm
We have the same issue on our 176T - we just got back from our first big trip yesterday (3000 miles to the Oregon coast and back), so I will take it into the dealer tomorrow to get fixed.  No leaks, but it's good to get ahead of the problems before they become bigger.
The Tri-podders
2011 Dodge Durango Citadel - 5.7L Hemi
2015 R-pod 176T
Beachguysc View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 2:19pm
1 week into ownership, we already have a warranty issue with the seams and our 182G. The small interior passenger side panel in the garage is warped a little from water damage. I noticed it before we bought the trailer, but the dealer made arrangements to get it fixed at our local Camping World (since we are 3 hours away from dealer). The dealer said he thought it was because the garage door was left open, which made since because I didnt notice the damage the week before we picked it up. Anyway, after a couple of heavy rains, there is a very small amount of new water on the countertop and I can see a wet spot at the top of the frame around the garage door frame. This is even after the dealer caulked and sealed the side seams that run front to back and the seam above the garage that runs side to side.
 Hopefully we caught it before it gets too bad and they can fix it.
Tim and Melina
2016 182G
2015 GMC Canyon crew cab 4x4 SLT = main Tv
2017 Toyota Highlander Hybrid-TV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>