R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOuter side Seams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outer side Seams
    Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 7:34pm
Update: After finding delaminating on the slide side of the camper I also found that the siding was cut about 1/2 inch short therefore the corner trim will not cover. When I purchased the unit I complained about the messy caulking job in that area and now I know why...they had to cover up that big ass crack. I took the camper to Camping World in Columbia, Missouri for the warranty claim/work and they said the complete side would have to be replaced and would involve a couple weeks of labor plus parts. However, these fruit cakes would not file the warranty claim unless I signed their legal disclosure making me the customer responsible for payment. These people are f**king NUTS! I contacted Forest River, sent pictures of the problem areas, informed them of the situation that I was having with Camping World, and that I would never sign any document that makes me responsible for payment for warranty work. Forest River said the warranty work would have to be done at their factory and that they would make arrangements to pickup the camper when I was done using it for the season. We’ll see!
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 8:00pm
  I had the same situation with Camping World with 4 warranty claims with forest river and every time I excepted the responsibility for payment if Forest River did not honor the warranty work and everytime Forest River payed for the repairs. It is more I think of a Camping World policy than something you have to be concerned about. I think Camping World gets the claim approved first before any work or repair is made. Perhaps it could depend upon which Camping World you visit management and policies could differ. The one we visited in Fort Myers Florida they were always very helpful and provided good service with never a problem.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

rdbedford View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 9:01pm

Warranty work is paid for up front by the owner when they purchase the item new. Any payment or cost for warranty work should be worked out by the contractor and the manufacture…not the customer. Signing any legal binding contract that says you are responsible for the cost of warranty work simply allows them not to work within the warranty estimate from the manufacture. I think that you have been very lucky!

yalilminx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 11:02am
Is the seam that you are referring to the black plastic material covering the screws on the edges at the top of the camper? The entrance side of mine came off last month... 176t
2015 rpod 176t
rdbedford View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 11:41am
No, here's a picture of the problem area.

rdbedford View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 11:41am
yalilminx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 12:03pm
My plastic strip came off, so if its not repaired this might ensue, i imagine. My local dealer stopped selling rpods....
2015 rpod 176t
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by rdbedford

Update: After finding delaminating on the slide side of the camper I also found that the siding was cut about 1/2 inch short therefore the corner trim will not cover. When I purchased the unit I complained about the messy caulking job in that area and now I know why...they had to cover up that big ass crack. I took the camper to Camping World in Columbia, Missouri for the warranty claim/work and they said the complete side would have to be replaced and would involve a couple weeks of labor plus parts. However, these fruit cakes would not file the warranty claim unless I signed their legal disclosure making me the customer responsible for payment. These people are f**king NUTS! I contacted Forest River, sent pictures of the problem areas, informed them of the situation that I was having with Camping World, and that I would never sign any document that makes me responsible for payment for warranty work. Forest River said the warranty work would have to be done at their factory and that they would make arrangements to pickup the camper when I was done using it for the season. We’ll see!

I think you will find FR to be good to their word. More then one Pod has gone back to the factory to be repaired in this manner. NONE of the owners of whom I know to have had it done, have been unhappy afterwords.
Funky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 10:03pm
I will be sure to provide a post with an update at the end of the season when ours goes to the local Forest River dealer for repair under warranty. It is too bad our brand new 2017 R Pod 180 has this problem with the side seam. It is disappointing that I (and, apparently so many others) need to spend time dealing with this issue with their brand new Pods.
Funky
2017 R pod 180
rdbedford View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 10:37pm
I hope you are correct, but I would have felt better about our purchase if the work would have been done correct the first time. Hopefully, replacing the complete side of the camper will not create a domino effect of future problems. It does not make me feel very good knowing that they are having that many warrant returns!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>