Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DanoJKU View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dano's 179 Jeep Edition
    Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by kent l

Here is a pic of my Jeep Wrangler and my 178 trailer with the 4" riser. It has a Lippert axle, not the new Dexter with the new clocking. I would like to have an 8" riser fabricated to get more lift. I am also thinking of putting on some 30" or 31" tires. I am hoping this gets me enough lift to get into more remote camping spots without dragging.

I do love that color combination!  I see what you mean on the drop hitch height.  It looks like if you can move up by 2 bolt holes you could switch to the shorter drop shank and get back some of the clearance lost.
Dano and Shell
2020 Imagine 2150RB \ 2019 F150 5.0
birderdiane526 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 7:45pm
Thanks for checking out the blog! New post coming together for tomorrow!

We do love traveling full-time! Look forward to hearing about your adventures!
Diane and Michael
2016 179 "PIP" (PODDING IN PARADISE)
2007 Toyota Tundra
BLOG:Podding in Paradise,
birderdiane526.blogspot.com
kent l View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 6:25pm
Here is a pic of my Jeep Wrangler and my 178 trailer with the 4" riser. It has a Lippert axle, not the new Dexter with the new clocking. I would like to have an 8" riser fabricated to get more lift. I am also thinking of putting on some 30" or 31" tires. I am hoping this gets me enough lift to get into more remote camping spots without dragging.
DanoJKU View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:11pm
I checked out your blog, wow what a great adventure!!  I'm jealous Big smile.  We've only been out twice and another trip coming up, but we liked all the same features about this 179.  It's a great overall balance of features and comfort.
Dano and Shell
birderdiane526 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 7:53pm
Welcome and congratulations on your rpod decision! We bought a lightly used 2016 179 in June. We love it! The dinette works really well for dining and desk work. I find the couch comfy too! Storage is adequate for our full-time needs. And we like the wet bath! It overalls meets our needs and we're super happy with our choice. We wish you happy trails! And very cool Jeep!
Diane and Michael
2016 179 "PIP" (PODDING IN PARADISE)
2007 Toyota Tundra
BLOG:Podding in Paradise,
birderdiane526.blogspot.com
DanoJKU View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by computerfixitguy

I want to be you when I grow up !  Its so cool.  Thanks for all the pictures.  I have decided to trade my '15 JKUR in for the new JL next year so I am not putting any $$ into it.  

Did adding all the weight from the tires and the lift make it drive differently?

Congrats on the future trade up!

My JK actually drives almost as nice as it did stock. You can tell it is a lifted offroad capable vehicle right away but it rides and floats down the road nicely for what it is. My 72 year old mom rode an hour on the highway and thought nothing of it other than climbing in with a step ladder.  LOLMy wife drives it just fine but loves her Mazda.  With front and rear solid axles, the Jeep is a purpose built machine so that in itself is a big compromise.  It's a lot like describing a lifestyle for those who never owned one.  The lift is a full suspension upgrade, 8 arms, 4 coils, 4 shocks, 4 brake lines and 2 trackbars. The key to the ride quality is my Rancho 9100 adjustable shocks. I run them in soft mode for daily driving and I turn them up to firm mode when towing. These Jeeps drive really nice with simple budget boost lifts too, I started out with one of those and I loved it. Pulling the lifted RPod seems no different than any other trailer, no sway or bounce or leaning. I hit a good balance with the equipment and set up, the Anderson is a big factor. 

Dano and Shell
computerfixitguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 6:53pm
I want to be you when I grow up !  Its so cool.  Thanks for all the pictures.  I have decided to trade my '15 JKUR in for the new JL next year so I am not putting any $$ into it.  

Did adding all the weight from the tires and the lift make it drive differently?
DanoJKU View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by kent l

Very nice set up! I pull my 2014 178 with a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that has 35 inch tires with a 2.5 inch AEV lift.  I thought about having bigger axle risers fabricated to get more ground clearance. I live in the west and have the forest river edition. I have a Lippert axle with out the new clocking. My dilemma is get a new dexter axel or get a 8 in riser fabricated. I would love to have more lift to match my jeep. I use an anderson hitch with with the largest drop. I would love more ground clearance. I think I will have some new axle risers made to get the clearance. I love the stance of your trailer.

Thanks!  I wouldn't mind another couple of inches of frame height but I'm thinking 32 inch tires and wondering if they will fit without hitting the fenders.  Big smile

Originally posted by computerfixitguy

I happen to like the R-Dome but I see why people are frustrated with it.  After all the lift you did, does the R-Dome still go the ground?  

We found during the early summer months, the bug protection is crucial and it works well for that.  My kids have abnormal reactions to Mosquito bites so the R-Dome keeps the bugs farther from the door.  We went to Kansas and the bugs on the vent in the bath were so thick because of the fan I could wipe them off.  It was gross.

Yikes!  But no problem reaching the ground, plenty of room to spare actually.  I hate mosquitos... I think i have at least 100 mosquito coils in the RPod, I burn 2 outside every night at camp.  It helps.
Dano and Shell
computerfixitguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 9:52pm
I happen to like the R-Dome but I see why people are frustrated with it.  After all the lift you did, does the R-Dome still go the ground?  

We found during the early summer months, the bug protection is crucial and it works well for that.  My kids have abnormal reactions to Mosquito bites so the R-Dome keeps the bugs farther from the door.  We went to Kansas and the bugs on the vent in the bath were so thick because of the fan I could wipe them off.  It was gross.

kent l View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 8:52pm
Very nice set up! I pull my 2014 178 with a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon that has 35 inch tires with a 2.5 inch AEV lift.  I thought about having bigger axle risers fabricated to get more ground clearance. I live in the west and have the forest river edition. I have a Lippert axle with out the new clocking. My dilemma is get a new dexter axel or get a 8 in riser fabricated. I would love to have more lift to match my jeep. I use an anderson hitch with with the largest drop. I would love more ground clearance. I think I will have some new axle risers made to get the clearance. I love the stance of your trailer.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>