R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedadding television

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: adding television
    Posted: 24 May 2016 at 5:57pm
I want to add a small 19" tv to our pod. I want to mount it on the bath wall. My question concerns the antenna.  There is currently an antenna wire and booster in the cabinet over the stove which is directly across on the other side of the pod.  I assume  I need to connect the new tv to this antenna wire? I assume I could use some type of splitter in order to connect both the existing tv/entertainment center and the new tv. I can use some type of wire mold to cover the wire going across the ceiling.

Has anybody done this or have suggestions?

thanks
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 7:43pm
You could try an internal antenna.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
timpamt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 2:21pm
Maybe make it a "slave," showing only the signal from the other TV? ("out" for existing tv, to "In" on new tv. Presumably you will always be watching the same thing on both?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 7:13am

A (2 way)splitter will reduce the amount of "signal" to each device by roughly on half, while maintaining the proper 75 ohm impedance to the devices. This may mean that your reception is not good if you are some distance from the TV station(s). Yes, you will connect the new coax and splitter to the existing wall plate - so you can utilize the existing amplifier/booster.

Wall plate >>>> short coax >>>> "input" of splitter >>>> one device/coax on each of the "outputs" of the splitter.

I'm working from memory, so.....
I think the wall closest to the dinette has a plumbing vent pipe in it - running up to the roof. You'll want to not drill into that. I can't remember what is in the wall closest to the jack knife sofa.

You can purchase white "wiremold" at most any home improvement store. The plastic type is easy to work with and would make a good way to hide the coax.
 Post Reply Post Reply