R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFinally replaced factory water pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally replaced factory water pump
    Posted: 29 May 2016 at 4:39pm
Since we only dry camp (boondock), after two outings in our 2015 I knew I had to do something this year to quiet the water pump... What a loud, obnoxious, growl it makes! So much so, that we avoided running any water at night or early morning :(
So we first tried adding the Shurflo pump silencing kit, and it made no difference.
We then added some foam under the mount, with no noticeable results either.
I finally ordered a SHURflo 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump and installed it today...
OMG! I wish I had done this sooner! Star
Now I only hear a purr when the pump runs....Peace and quiet for $60. Well worth the upgrade.
http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-4008-101-E65-Revolution-Water-Pump/dp/B002XM5G70?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
J&Jcf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 6:18pm
Our other tt & pod have the same sound. It's nice to know there's a replacement that is quiet. I am glad you put part # on forum. I will keep for reference when I replace the current pump.
J. - 2011 rpod 171
johnmaci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 7:37am
A very easy install, two same color wires to cut and splice (positive and ground).
The inlet and outlet hose connections are also "plug and play"; Took no more than 10-15 minutes total.
It's just where the pumps are installed that takes a bit of body contortionism :) 

I also ordered a SHURflo 182-200 Pre-Pressurized Accumulator Tank to minimize the amount of pump cycling and plan on installing soon.
http://www.amazon.com/SHURflo-182-200-Pre-Pressurized-Accumulator-Tank/dp/B000N9VF6Q?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I know we can go crazy modding and nickel and dime ourselves to death, but I feel these are important upgrades since the factory installs such low quality parts to keep their costs down.
sailor323 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 7:42am
An accumulator tank is a good idea.  And, yes, the pump is noisy and very annoying.  It is also a handy alarm system that will alert you to leaks in the plumbing.
johnmaci View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 7:53am
True, but I think Ill stay with the quiet pump and check my fittings as part of an annual "walk-around and tighten stuff that may have come loose inspection" and forego the alarm feature. Besides, I already have the DW to let me know when something is wrong :)
 Post Reply Post Reply