R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > Non-pod Discussion Forums > Mods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2007-2014 Tahoe owners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2007-2014 Tahoe owners
    Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 1:02pm
For any 2007-2014 Chevy Tahoe owners: have you ever had issues with the "Service Stabilitrak" light come on sporadically for no reason? I bought my 2011 about 4 months ago, and this only happens on warm days well over 75F. Usually if I stop at a store or something, the light doesn't come on again. Very bizarre.
COSPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 3:08pm
2012 Tahoe, never seen that at all.
Retroactive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 4:15pm
It seems to be a nebulous "catch all", there are about a dozen fault readings that can cause the Stabilitrak to shut off. And when I say a dozen, that is probably an understatement, everything from an O2 sensor to issues with brake light switch. Classic Detroit BS, so you have to go back to the dealer and drop $500 each time for them to say it is something different - it is planned this way because they know the average consumer is a sucker. I went to a Tahoe forum, where actual reps from GM occasionally answered. It went something like this...

OP: The light is on, but no symptoms.
GM: It can be caused by several faults, we are aware of it and have issued TSB, take it to a certified GM dealer for diagnostic.
OP: They replaced and O2 sensor and charged me $500, but a week later the light is back.
GM: It can be caused by several other faults, take it to a certified GM dealer for diagnostic.
OP: They found a cracked spark plug, demanded to replace all 8, and charges me $$$...but it's back
GM: It can be caused by other faults in the electrical system, take it to a certified GM dealer for diagnostic.
OP: Turns out the switch that activate the brake light was flakey too, charged me $$$. Finally fixed. Now I have invested nearly $2k to get this fixed, can I get some reimbursement?
GM: Sorry, not covered. A standard TSB was issued, not an actual recall.

Like a CEO of a Japanese auto maker once said: "The USA will never build quality cars. You lose two workdays per week. It's workers spend all Friday dreaming about getting drunk during the weekend, and all Monday recovering from it..."
 Post Reply Post Reply