R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuestion about folding up bed in 176T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about folding up bed in 176T
    Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 6:13pm
We folded up the bed (I think people refer to it as the "tent") the night before pulling out to avoid packing up in the rain.  I thought there would be enough room on the table (bed) for me to sleep next to my 7 year old since the mattress pad is about 4' wide.  When I saw the camper folded up in the showroom, I thought it looked roomy enough.  However, when we folded it up, there was only 15" of mattress peeking out.  I did prop up some of the tent "ribs" with the decorative cushions, but it still only left room for me. I don't recall it hanging this low before.

Both ends of the mattress are currently snapped to the folding portion to keep it from dangling down over the table.  It's the actual canvas and ribs that are really low.  The ribs are completely retracted.

We're hoping to head west next year and I know that some campgrounds require hard sided campers.  I really want to figure out how to make this work. Any ideas or suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply