R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTualatin, OR: Funtime RV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bjk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tualatin, OR: Funtime RV
    Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 3:46pm
I purchased my 2016 179 from Funtime located in Tualatin OR.   They have two sites, one is their dealership/sales, and about a mile away is their service/parts store.    This is somewhat a combined review and admittedly a bit mixed.

First, they had every model available when I was looking and apparently were selling them very quickly.   It gave me a chance to walk thru several floor models and I was torn between the 179 and the 178.  However, I loved all that internal readily accessible storage and counter and it just felt perceptively bigger than the 178 (I liked and wanted the traditional dinette area, but the counter/pantry won out).   

I didn't feel any pressure, although I will reflect I could have done even more homework (I wish I had known of this site before I purchased), but I don't regret (much) my purchase.   I apparently paid a bit more than what others have, but I console myself with the fact I paid cash.    So, I think they elevated the prices a bit more than others, but their pitch was low key with no pressure.   Sales seemed informed and I really didn't get any surprises).  

I did ask for a couple of extra mods--a dual 6V battery, steel/locking battery box and sway bar.  

I was originally expecting that I needed a WDH, but they actually talked me out of it sayiing it was too light to need one Embarrassed.   Reading this forum I have learned otherwise (and am in the process of installing an 4-way Equalizer WDH).   The other item that I do somewhat regret is that they talked me out of the R-dome.   After 3 trips so far, I looked and ordered the PahaQue Tent (I'll review it after I receive it).

Something that I did discover after about my second trip was that they were thoughtful and keyed the battery box lock the same as the passthrough on the trailer.  

After finding this site, I've been taking lots of notes on things to look for and checking my trailer as they come up.  I consider myself fortunate as my list of items after shakedown trips and specifically looking for issues was rather minor.   The only item of any question was that 1 screw was 1/4" away from the frame on the freshwater support.   The deadbolt on the door was out of alignment as was the screen door and there was some missing hardware to latch the bottom drawer of in the kitchen.  There was also a missing screw in the frame of the slde.  Again, with the exception of the screw, were all minor.

I made my warranty appointment and brought them in the list.   Sadly, trying to get it in and get them to tell me anything was a pain.   Their service hours are banker hours and as I live 20mi away (over an hour drive with traffic one way) this is difficult (I still am a working man).   I made arrangements to drop the trailer off and lock it up in their parking lot the night before my scheduled appointment.

About that scheduled appointment... they neglected that that was meaningless, rather that was just the day they would receive it.   Then I had to wait another 2-3 weeks while they worked through their queue of trailers being serviced before they got to mine.   I called them to try and figure out when I was going to give it back before after a couple calls I was told when *their* target date was.   Of course, they were late on that and I only got it back this last Friday.   Not enough time to load and enjoy this weekend.

Moreover, when I did pick it up, they had marked everything as done, but the screw from the slide was still missing.   I pointed it out to others and they clearly saw it gone, but I had to wait until they tracked down an available person to put it in...all costing me time and making me late for work.   They finally took care of it and everything *appears* okay.

My feelings are mixed.   They seemed to bend over backwards on the sale and prep, but were dismal on follow up and service.  
2016 HRE R-179 "CapPODccino"
2011 F-150 SLX
 Post Reply Post Reply