R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHillsboro, OR: Curtis Trailers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hillsboro, OR: Curtis Trailers
    Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 4:01pm
As in my other review, I was not too pleased with Fun Time RV, who is the dealer for the R-Pods.   I live in Hillsboro and about a mile or two away is Curtis Trailers.   I really wish they were a dealer.   I had been in and out of their place dozens of times and almost picked up a different trailer there (and would have had I not seen the R-pod).   Their sales staff were very knowledgeable and patient.

Their services/parts store, however, is amazing.   They have just about everything could ever want/need to take care of your trailer (they are like a candy store when it comes to parts and supplies for upgrading your trailer as well).   From what I can tell, the prices are comparable (or reasonable if a tad more) to what you could pay for online.   

When I ordered my Equalizer WDH online I encountered the conundrum of torquing the ball to the head.  As much as I love to buy tools, shelling out a grand for a torque wrench I'll use only a couple of times and trying to find the socket to fit was not something I wanted to do.   Talking with a friend, he told me that the dealer should just do it or charge little.   Since at the time my trailer was in the shop, I called Fun Time RV about it and they told me $120/hr with an hour minimum.Cry

So, I took the head with the ball down to Curtis Trailers and asked them and they said that if a tech was free in the shop they may not charge for it.   This (4th of July) weekend they were busy, but since I had the ball already on the head and that all I wanted was it to be torqued, the tech said he'd do it for free and after about 5 minutes I got it back all done.

Again, I wish they were a dealership for R-pods as I've never had a bad experience with this place.  However, I will probably work with them on anything not requiring warranty work/parts (and definitely for service and parts).  Thumbs Up
2016 HRE R-179 "CapPODccino"
2011 F-150 SLX
WillG View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 6:35pm
I just picked up our r-pod from Curtis this week. We paid for it at least a month ago but had nothing to tow with & it is not easy finding a decent used truck with tow package. As a heads up if any of you are in the Portland OR area - I used PDXInspections  to assess 3 trucks before I bought. They do a great job with a Prius fully loaded with all types of testing equipment aside from the paperwork/online checks they do before they even touch the vehicle. I highly recommend them & I second Curtis Trailers. Our salesman was Dean. 
R-Podder by process of elimination
2014 RP179
2011 GMC CrewCab Short Bed
 Post Reply Post Reply