Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Why an r-pod Owners Forum?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why an r-pod Owners Forum?
    Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:14am
Thanks to everyone for the votes of confidence.  The recent events on the other forum were personally very disheartening.  The deletions were expected (I knew they would do it eventually).  The negative comments from members and especially the "I don't care" responses, weren't.  And so I close that chapter and continue this one... with open and free discussion.  Approve
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
gowings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gowings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 4:45pm
i have a question. first of all, i own an r-pod and plan on attending the rally.  i actually purchased it from couch's rv nation and Doug was instumental in my purchase. the question I have is this. Doug do you think it is in this forum's best interest to be run by someone that is now selling the MPG?? I see that there is a web site that the headline is, The MPG beats the R-pod... in addition it say "don't settle for an R-pod. The MPG is not only better, but costs less".   How in the heck can you  administrate this site that is called R-POD OWNERS FORUM??!!!  it is not called MPG owners forum.. We are R-podders.  I see a conflict in interest. Does anybody else???  Please chime in, I'd like to hear some responses.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 5:48pm
You are probably not going to like my response but...

Personally, I'm sick of hearing about this on either forum.  Both are owned by persons who have material interests in the RV industry.  I do not now, nor have I ever had a material interest in the RV or camping industry.  I am a 100% a consumer/user only. If I did and owned either site, you would see a ton more of self-promotion than what I have seen in either place.  I find it very hard to understand why anyone with no financial interests would have strong feelings about any particular brand or make of camper.  I'm not gaining or losing anything - no matter who sells/buys what.

Most everyone in both places seems to be intelligent and savy enough to know if we're being "sold" something.  My only concern is when we, the forum users/members begin to treat each other with something less than respect. 

I never knew a benign activity like camping could be a confrontational matter.  I really don't care about the financial interests of either.  I enjoy interacting with the other members.  If the owners of either make either an unpleasant experience.....I'll just spend my time elsewhere.  For the sake of everyone, let's just put this to bed. 
GrandPod View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote GrandPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 5:58pm
Dead Gowings; I see from you membership information you joined on Jan. 19th. and this is your first post. You say your going to the rally; what site will you be in?.
  I feel that Doug is doing a great job with this forum. I agree with Dave; The purpose of this site is to share information about the R-Pod and general Camping interest. I wish people would leave it at that. I also am tired of people trying to stir the pot.
Tom and Linda
R-Pod 177
Southwest Florida
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:29am
Doug has very little (next to nothing) to do with this forum.  He makes his lively hood from doing internet sites etc.  He is involved with the MPG now, so what.

I find it interesting that your VERY FIRST post on this forum just happens to be on this subject also.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
rpodadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 9:53am
Originally posted by gowings

i have a question. first of all, i own an r-pod and plan on attending the rally.  i actually purchased it from couch's rv nation and Doug was instumental in my purchase. the question I have is this. Doug do you think it is in this forum's best interest to be run by someone that is now selling the MPG?? I see that there is a web site that the headline is, The MPG beats the R-pod... in addition it say "don't settle for an R-pod. The MPG is not only better, but costs less".   How in the heck can you  administrate this site that is called R-POD OWNERS FORUM??!!!  it is not called MPG owners forum.. We are R-podders.  I see a conflict in interest. Does anybody else???  Please chime in, I'd like to hear some responses.

That is a fair question, I hope I can answer it to your satisfaction... First of all I am glad I had a chance to work with you on your r-pod, it is a great little camper. To answer your question, no I don't think it is a conflict of interest at all, at least it is much less than a dealer running a forum and editing comments they don't care for out... ... While  I am the 'admin' I really have little day-day involvement in this web site.. I turned 100% of it over to 3 other owners, Teckntrek, Terry M and rpodcamper.com .. they have full admin and moderator rights to do what they wish here for the best interest to all.

When I started the other forum it was only after very clear discussions with  RVN that it needs to stand on it's own with no 'creative editing of posts'. For the most part we did that, I ask asked a couple of times to remove posts and once I did. Without me there I knew that would not continue, so I asked the guys here if they wanted to start a new forum and run it.. I set it up for them and handed it over. They control adding forums, everything. I host it for them but that is about it. I would be more than happy to turn the 'entire' thing, including domain over to them if they would want...

In the meantime I went to work with another dealer - and yes we carry a completly different set of products, the MPG and Gulf Stream Visa and yes, I do create the google ad's for them. To be honest I would love to have them pickup the r-pod, but FR would not do that due to territory.

The google ad's are marketing,  simple as that ... are there features that the the MPG has over the r-pod - absolutely, the r-pod has some better areas as well.. overall, right now, the MPG is probably a slightly better camper for what all you get... but that is subjective, I am sure many others find the r-pod superior... honestly, you can't go wrong with either one...

So there you have it... I appreciate you giving me a chance to explain, if you felt that way I am sure others did as well... with that I'll leave it to the moderators here going forward...

Thanks,
Doug
rpodadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote rpodadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 10:01am
Originally posted by David

My only concern is when we, the forum users/members begin to treat each other with something less than respect. 
Amen, thank you... one thing the mod's here won't allow is the fighting... it is not productive. There is plenty of room on the internet for 2 r-pod forums.. you all should get back to camping!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 12:16pm
Just wanted to point out that while rpodadmin and I have the same real first name (Doug), we aren't the same people.  Just a coincidence, not sure if that has been confusing to anyone.  Ying Yang
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 10:04pm
Thanks for clearing that up....I was a bit confused.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

gowings View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gowings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 12:37pm
i might be a newbie here...  but i've been a member on r-pod nation for a long time...  and why was my post deleted??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>