R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed176T Back hatch issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 176T Back hatch issue
    Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 6:17pm
I am wondering if any other 176T owners have had this issue?  

When we picked up our rpod I noticed that the back hatch was not perfectly square.  When I closed it the door came down and contacted one side before tucking into its spot.  I also noticed that the locking handle seemed to be whittled down a little on the inside where the tongue swings into the hole to hold it in place.  It looks like they did this to make up for a crooked door maybe?  It closed and seemed to hold so I didn't worry about it.

Last week, while cruising down the highway someone rolled past us and motioned to us that we had a problem.  The hatch had popped open while we were driving!  I latched it but hadn't locked it so I closed it up again and locked it.  About an hour later it popped open again!  The road wasn't that bumpy, but apparently the bumps that were there were enough to let one side pop free and then the other side could flex open and the hatch popped open.  I put a couple of bungee cords on the handles and it didn't come up again, but I'm definitely going to have them look at it when we bring it in tomorrow.

We also had an issue when we were in very high humidity in Seal Rock, OR where the fridge alarm kept going off because of internal humidity crossing the wires by the light and latch.  We wiped it down and repacked the fridge and it fixed the problem.

Other than that, we had a great trip through the Canadian Rockies, the Okanagan, down the Oregon coast, back up through Crater Lake, Coeur d'Alene, and Waterton.

Mark
The Tri-podders
2011 Dodge Durango Citadel - 5.7L Hemi
2015 R-pod 176T
 Post Reply Post Reply