R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote fwunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 11:52am
Some minor mods we made prior to our maiden voyage. They worked out well and now, of course, we have more planned!

Trimmed the locker lids on both sides of dinette, added a small piece to the cross member frames and cut a finger hole. Made access much easier. Plastic tubs (storage) are the way to go! The velco just holds the collapsed table in transit.

Removed screws from forward piece of ply under bed and added 4 small strap hinges. Cut finger hole and brace to hold up (easily stowed). Made a U shape divider out of 1/4" MDF which is attached to framing with two small brass screws making it easily removable or moved. Doesn't really interfere with rear storage access. Cut a cat sized oval in the locker wall. Henry's (hi-sided) litter box was parked on rug in the space. He had no problem finding it and using it and it was easy to maintain. I have ordered edge trim to finish oval cut.

12 volt plug placed next to electric panel.

$6.00 "full length" Target mirror attached to bathroom door with double-back tape.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 12:58pm
Good stuff. 
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 7:08pm
I hope the tape holds!  You did some great work.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
fwunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fwunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by TerryM

I hope the tape holds!  You did some great work.

Terry

Terry,

Funny you say that. The Command Strips I bought held the mirror for about 20 minutes in the driveway. Even after cleaning the door with alcohol. I was once in the sign/banner biz and have some premium double-sided banner tape (used to hem vinyl banner material). It stayed up for 600 miles so far.  If it comes down now it's gonna be because the cheap mirror backing tears off. I just can't bring myself to drilling holes in the door.....yet.

Good catch!

fred

P.S. This is what I use. Tuff stuff! I should add that I put this tape on the command [velco] strips (replacing that adhesive with this adhesive). Be careful with this stuff. A little goes a long way. It's very aggressive.

dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:45pm
Fwunder. I bought an inexpensive metal rack that hangs on the bathroom door. it has 6 hooks. Donna and I hang a hanging mirror, towels shoes, hats and what ever on it. its really handy.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
fwunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fwunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by dsmiths

Fwunder. I bought an inexpensive metal rack that hangs on the bathroom door. it has 6 hooks. Donna and I hang a hanging mirror, towels shoes, hats and what ever on it. its really handy.

Great tip! Thanks Dane.

fred
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:27am
Keenan, Kathryn, Millie, Rio & Cali (2015 r pod 179)
Poddy by Nature
LePodders View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 10:31am
Keenan, Kathryn, Millie, Rio & Cali (2015 r pod 179)
Poddy by Nature
neoerik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote neoerik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 12:37pm
What a great idea!  The way you set it up looks nice, too.

I noticed that up in your head bumper the electrical outlet has usb ports - did you install this or did it come this way?  I have an outlet with usb ports and I have a 177, so I'm wondering if it's just a simple swap.
CharlieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CharlieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 1:03pm
FYI, combination outlets with USB ports are available for both 120V shore power and 12V battery power. Your choice. I prefer the 12V versions if you've put in 12V outlets. That way they work either hooked up or not.
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 77>