R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BagEnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 4:47pm
Our first mods...
Water Filter Storage Box
Another view...
Inside view...
Battery Disconnect..
Wine Rack made from the Home Depot kit found here (Home Depot) along with a few bungy chords...
Front
Back
Installed ready for use and after first trip over interstate and dirt roads with no broken bottles.
Ed, Angi, and Hunter Hagins, 2011 R-Pod 172, Montrose, Colorado
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 7:52pm
The water system is pure genius.  Love it!  At first ai was thinking too big...but it would pretty hold all it needs.

X
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 8:04pm
Dang, that's some water filter system.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
BagEnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BagEnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 11:26pm
Thanks for the compliments. I was worried about size initially until all of my hoses and extras fit in one place. That includes a section of high pressure hose for the bib, the 25' hose for the trailer and the 25' coiled hose for whatever.
Ed, Angi, and Hunter Hagins, 2011 R-Pod 172, Montrose, Colorado
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 9:54pm
I think you could market and sell it.  It is slick as seal snot!

X
Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 1:29am
Neat water system and great wine rack. Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Seanl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seanl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 4:23pm
I needed to find a place to hang some clothes. Apparently my wife has clothing that cannot be folded. I found this hanger at a Zellers Store here in Canada for $8 I wanted to hang it on the end of the microwave cabinet because this space on my 173 is really dead space it only had the cloth pockets on it which I am going to move to the wall outside the bathroom. The problem is the cabinet is only 1/4 inch plywood with a frame around it and would not hold a screw.

Solution take out the microwave and glue and staple in a 1"x 2" stringer to mount the bracket on. Now My wife can hang some clothes and I am a hero. 

Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 5:05pm
I know what you are saying about "clothes that can not be folded", I don't understand it because we are camping. As much as I have tried to get the other half to change her thinking it does not work, therefore the rod above the toilet is our clothes bar. I like your hanger and just got informed that she has seen those also but the bar works for her so no mods for now.   Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Seanl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seanl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Goose

I know what you are saying about "clothes that can not be folded", I don't understand it because we are camping. As much as I have tried to get the other half to change her thinking it does not work, therefore the rod above the toilet is our clothes bar. I like your hanger and just got informed that she has seen those also but the bar works for her so no mods for now.   Goose

My clothes bar in the bathroom is gone. Both the plastic pockets that the bar slips in split and the screw pulled through the plastic and the bar fell down. I could replace the pockets but this works better for for us. 
Sean, 2011 Rpod RP-173,2009 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mountain Edition
BendPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BendPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2013 at 7:43pm
We put in a curtain tracks on both bunks so now we each have our own curtain to control light. Also didn't like that the bottom bunk didn't have wood trim like below the top bunk. Used Home Depot cherry (laminate) shelving cut to fit and installed below bottom bunk so they now match.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 77>