R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 77>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LePodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 11:56am
one shelf complete. Happy happy more storage
Keenan, Kathryn, Millie, Rio & Cali (2015 r pod 179)
Poddy by Nature
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by neoerik

I noticed that up in your head bumper the electrical outlet has usb ports - did you install this or did it come this way?  I have an outlet with usb ports and I have a 177, so I'm wondering if it's just a simple swap.

I am "guessing" you are talking about our pod. We have a "currentwerks duo" outlet in our head bumper. I installed it. Moved the outlet that used to be there over to the back side of the shower stall and plug the TV in over there, since we moved the TV to a shelf on that side of the pod we made.
Scoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2014 at 7:32pm
Hydro pure
First mod. Hydro pure technologies water filter
"Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm." Publilius Syrus

2015 GMC 1500
2014 182g
2009 Harley FXSTB
BOHTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BOHTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 8:38pm
I love the self contained water filter system.....That's just genius ! What Kind of filter should I use to build one ? What is the gauge for ?   We pick up our new 178 this weekend.......I'm thinking this will be my first mod.
Scoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 4:20am
There is no gauge. There is a union between the filters so I can separate them. Go with the hydro pure technologies, its a little $ but works the best, check the website. The only thing not in the picture is a pressure limiter which will prevent high pressure systems from overloading the rv system.

2015 GMC 1500
2014 182g
2009 Harley FXSTB
BOHTR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BOHTR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 8:51pm
Scoul, I was referring to the system in the blue plastic container on page 10. It has a gauge of some sorts on the system....You may have hit the nail on the head.....some sort of pressure regular, perhaps. Do your filters fit inside your box for storage ?
Scoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 10:39am
That was BagEnd's version. It is a pressure regulator with visual guage. He also added a hose bib etc. I use a camco fixed pressure regulator, it just limits the system to 50 psi and attaches to the feeder hose. My filter breaks in half (at the union) and fits in a smaller Tupperware. The filters dry out faster that way. I also made holes in the lid and sides to allow more air flow. BagEnd's version looks fixed as the PVC is glued.

2015 GMC 1500
2014 182g
2009 Harley FXSTB
PB&J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PB&J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 5:35pm
Posting Mod's So far in response to nothing in particular:
  • Moved Spare tire to the front  Pic 1 and 2
  • Replaced 1.25" hitch with standard 2" for Bike Rack (and that means upgrading the rear frame work)  Pic 3 & 4
  • Storage shelf slides into new 2" hitch, plus offers another 2" hitch off that.  I highly doubt we will use that at the same time (for bike rack perhaps).  this is what you get when you have an excited friend that does metal fabrication.   Big smile  Pic 5

PB & J
2013 178 RPod behind a 2010 Tacoma TRD
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 9:43pm
Looks good.  I wouldn't use the hitch on the back of the cargo tray.  Due to its distance from the axle it will whip around a bit.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 5:44am
   Looks good! I think you are the only one I remember being a metal fabricator on this forum. Enjoy your r-pod as you make it more user friendly as you want it to be.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 77>