R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 77>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ilthyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:04pm
Thanks, LePodders, Arnie the Podinator will be smiley.
ilthyn
SuJoPodders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuJoPodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 3:20am
One of the first things we noticed about our 177 was the lack of storage space Cry and a very uncomfortable bed Ouch But we are planning a month-long trip to Alaska in August,So the bed was replaced with a 9" Euro-top mattress.
Added a couple of space saving items.
Installed a mirror on the bathroom door.
A stove cover/cutting board
A few needed bathroom bathroom accessories.
Replaced the light bulbs with battery saving LEDs
Built shelves for some light storage
And a personalized license plate of course!Smile   
cody91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote cody91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 9:52am
That's really cool.  Where did you get the shelf over the dining area and what did you use to secure it?
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 10:42am
Nice write-up.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
SuJoPodders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuJoPodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 3:12pm
Thanks Cody91!
The shelving came from Lowes. 
It's called Roth + Allen.
It comes in 72" length which is just about two inches short of the distance from each side wall.
I used  four 3" steel corner braces to attach to the side walls.
I first removed the valance and mini blinds and using Molly bolts attached them to the walls.
I mounted it just above the lights and have experienced no headbanging even at my 6'4" height.
Have ordered a 2 1/2" galley rail (like the one above the refrigerator) to attach to help keep loose items from falling off.
The rear shelf is the same closet shelf cut in half and attached the same way.
MoPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MoPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2014 at 7:39pm
My Dad came through for me making me a drawer for storage under the front bunk on our 176.  All I had to do was stain and varnish.   The prior owner had already removed 1/2 of the top bunk.  The "seat back" is the 2" topper for the dinette bed that gets folded into fourths and secured with fabric straps that match the curtains.  I made a duvet type cover for it, so all you do is un-velcro the straps and lay it over the dinette cushions and add your top sheet and blanket. 

I'm so lucky to have a dad who likes to work with wood.  He also made me a mini-shelf that we mounted over the microwave.  Not a lot of storage, but every little bit helps. 

I know many of you are way ahead of us, but we will catch up!

Bill & Nancy
2015 RPod 179
Previously 2010 RPod 176
2014 Explorer Sport
Mike B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:44am
I can't seem to find the decorative rails anywhere. Where did you find them? The ones that go above the windows?
Spindle type.
Scoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:26am
Try this Mike B

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Foster-Decorative-Millwork-48-in-x-2-1-4-in-x-3-4-in-Maple-Galley-Rail-Moulding-550-4M/202287648/
"Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm." Publilius Syrus

2015 GMC 1500
2014 182g
2009 Harley FXSTB
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Mike B

I can't seem to find the decorative rails anywhere. Where did you find them? The ones that go above the windows?
Spindle type.

Any home store should have them, lowes home depot. they will be in the "mouldings and trim" section, and they are called "Galley Rail".

Mike B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mike B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2014 at 11:01am
Thanks so much.
Been to home depot and lowes and about 100 other places, but will go on line and ck that out. Again Thank You so much. I'll let you know how it turned out.
What a great place to get help when you need it.
Love this forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 77>