R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 77>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 12:39pm
Thanks. I have some disabilities with my hands and hoped zipping the sleeping bag flat would work.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 5:25pm
My wife and I always used sleeping bags in our popup and then the pod.  In the 171 it would have been nearly impossible to make up sheets in the nearly fully enclosed queen.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
blondie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 8:21pm
Yes, I talked to my husband and he agrees, sleeping bags are the way to go. We might put a nice quilt over it and color coordinated pillowcases on our pillows.

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 8:43pm
Take sheets, sew them up the side and use them as inserts in the bags.  If you get too warm you have a lighter layer.  Do the same with lightweight blankets for cooler months.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
blondie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2015 at 9:13pm
another great idea
fionasol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fionasol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 10:52am
Travel gnome approves of the latest mod:

2011 RP 177
2013 Silverado 1500
HodgePod Album
Travel Blog
subter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote subter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by GaryF

Thanks for the welcome! I'll try to post photos as soon as the TT comes out of hibernation! I thought it would happen by now, but here in CT it is still in the 30's!

Can you post a link to where you got the fireplace?
GaryF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GaryF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 10:38pm
Sure. I got it at Costco last Summer for $149. They aren't in the store now but maybe on their Web site.
Backpacker
RIPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RIPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2015 at 10:19pm
We purchased a 178 in  Feb 2014.  It came with an R Dome but we were more interested in having a canopy than a tent like structure.  I brought it to a local marine canvas shop and explained what I wanted done.  The attached photo shows the results.  Based simply on setting it up in the driveway we're very satisfied with the results.  It is far less cumbersome and looks like it will satisfy our desire for shade and limited rain protection.

Edited by RIPod - 13 Apr 2015 at 10:27pm
GaryF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GaryF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 7:27am
No photo!
Backpacker
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 77>