R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

List Your Mods:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 77>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Snowbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: List Your Mods:
    Posted: 30 May 2012 at 8:10pm
I like this idea so much and I like your material so we may be making a trip to Lowes in the near future. Even just a place to store our extra blankets (this is Canada-we have experienced snow in August.) would be so nice as they get in the way and we get tired of moving them from bow to stern and back again.
Thanks for the pictures.
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
Damour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Damour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:54pm
I love the stove cover and the shelves
rp 171 , from Québec with not a good english writing lol
Paige View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 8:24pm
Adding a door in the side of the dinette bench for better access.  Cabinet will be divided into two storage units. The one with the door will hold our set up tools, like the drill for the scissor jacks.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
New York & Florida residents
Paige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 10:58pm

Had to modify it a couple of times by widening it as the curvature of the ceiling closed down the opening on the shelf. It allows us to get all the odds and ends off the table...books, cards, pencils, games, etc.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
danthoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote danthoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012 at 4:28pm
I've made a few mods, so far.  Nothing really new but here they are.

The first was to make a cutting board which fits over the stove and a paper towel holder.

The second was to remove the boards under the sink and add some vertical slats to hold pans.  There was a lot of wasted space in there.

And finally, I extended the length of the drawers by 4 inches.  My next project will be to change from 2 drawers to 3 drawers.  Almost forgot.  You can see the front of the slide out cabinet I made for under the bed.  I even remembered to leave enough room for the heater.

Paige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 3:34pm
We are busy doing mods before we head south to Florida. My husband made this cabinet and screwed/glued it into place.

Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
Paige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 3:40pm

Our septic storage tube took a beating in its original location. We made a bracket and connected it to the side of the tongue. We also ordered another tube from FR so if we need the extra length, we have it.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
Paige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Paige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2012 at 3:46pm

We bring a small flat screen TV with us as the one that came with the RPod is too small and in a poor location. We bought a coaxial cable connector from our RV dealer and drilled the hole toward the front of the Pod. We screwed it in and sealed around the edges.
   We then put an interior one on the dinette bench and connected them with a cable. (photos below) Now, when we want the TV there, we have a cable connection. The next job is to put another outlet in the dinette bench area.
Paige and Pete
2010 177 - RPug
2012 Rav (six cylinder)
danthoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote danthoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 5:46pm
Here are a couple more mods I've made.  The first is the wine rack on the right side of the fridge.  The second was to remove the bench seat on the right and build one along the back to form an 'L'.  My wife is going to make new cushions.  It's amazingly comfortable.  I never could read or use the computer the way it was.  There just wasn't enough room to get comfortable. 

Wine rack

Bench seat

I need to thank the guy on the 'other forum' who did something similar.  My wife was against the mod till she saw the photos.

Linda and Dan
Calley the golden retriever
R-pod 177 and a Tundra 8 cyl
dsmiths View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote dsmiths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:22pm
Dan, I like that wine rack, looks better than factory, I'll have another Merlot thank you very much.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 77>