R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTurn signal not working.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turn signal not working.
    Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 10:45pm
Any idea why my right turn signal might not be working when my light DOES still function as a brake light and running light?   I just picked it up today to take on an adventure, and my van is giving me the quickie turn signal indicator that usually means a light is out, but the light is definitely still working.

My first thought is that it has something to do with the new hitch wiring I put in today, but the seven prongs are checking out fine with my circuit tester.
Podster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 11:21pm
First thing I would try is get a spray can of electrical contact cleaner at WalMart, with gloves and eye protection spray bother sides of the plug, let it dry, then try it again. 

Cliff & Raelynn
Ranger 4.0/178
(1/2 ton 5,800lb tow capacity)
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 11:12pm
Running light is a separate circuit.  Brake light is the same circuit (on the camper side) as the turn signal, so if the turn signal isn't working but the brake light is, it is a problem on the TV side.  Most likely your TV has separate turn (orange) and brake (red) lights which are combined with logic circuitry so there is one output through the Bargeman.  If this came built-in on your TV you'll have to get your dealer involved.  If it was added after-market, there will be a small box somewhere near the rear (under the bumper or behind a light assembly) that you can replace easily.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply